“The after - beach happy place”

Shrimp & Stuff Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 311 Restaurants in Galveston
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Shrimp 'N Stuff Restaurant opened in 1976 and quickly became known as "the place where the locals love to eat." In these past 38 years we have had many guests visiting our fine city from across the U.S. who tell us they wished they had found Shrimp 'N Stuff the first day they arrived and assured us they will be back several times before they leave Galveston.
Houston
“The after - beach happy place”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

If you love fried shrimp and catfish, if you hunger for perfect hush puppies and cole slaw, if you appreciate a remoulade along with your tartar and cocktail sauce, if a big glass of iced tea hits the spot, then this is your place. Off the beaten path and tucked into a neighborhood not too far from the beach, Shrimp & Stuff is always full. There's patio seating, but the people watching inside is great fun. A reasonably priced, casual, family-friendly place for locals, we usually stop in on our way back to Houston. The perfect end to a Galveston trip.

• Visited May 2012

Paris, France
“Great as always”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Restaurant is always consistent with good quality and good service. I have been to this restaurant many times. I started going when they first opened many years ago. I have had almost everything on the menu and it is all good. The fired catfish is among the best that I have ever had anywhere. No fancy just good food and good service. One cannot go wrong eating here.

• Visited March 2013
“It wasn't terrible but....”
Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

This place came highly recommended but I have to say it was not worth it. I felt like the PoBoy was very bland and the rest of the food was only so so. Now I have to mention that I live pretty close to one of the best Cajun seafood restaurants ever Gogo Gumbo so I'm a little spoiled to the level of quality and taste they offer. All in all I'm headed to Galveston in April and definitely won't be heading back to this place.

“Poor food quality”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

After reading the positive reviews my wife and I decided try out this restaurant. Very disappointing, The shrimp tasted like it came from a grocery store frozen section. Very bland and very tough to chew. The tilapia Po boy was average the temperature was okay but once again the seasoning was very bland. The olnly item that I could comfortably recommend on the menu is the crab balls however it does have a heavy dose of dill flavor.After spending over $40 I expected a whole lot more.

“Very good”
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Food was very good. Had the catfish and shrimp lunch special. It was a lot of food. I was there with a group and they had an area reserved for us. It was very nice due to the fact it was lunch time during spring break. Will go back there for sure.