“Consistently Good Food off the Busy Seawall Strip”

Shrimp & Stuff Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 319 Restaurants in Galveston
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Description: Shrimp 'N Stuff Restaurant opened in 1976 and quickly became known as "the place where the locals love to eat." In these past 38 years we have had many guests visiting our fine city from across the U.S. who tell us they wished they had found Shrimp 'N Stuff the first day they arrived and assured us they will be back several times before they leave Galveston.
Reviewed December 26, 2011

Overall, I have to say that 90% of the restaurants in Galveston serve overpriced food with sub par quality. However, This little place, located about 5 blocks off the seawall (Ave. O & 39th St.) serves consistently good food for acceptable, though not cheap prices. I have been working in Galveston for the past 6 months and have visited Shrimp & Stuff several times with co-workers during the lunch rush, as well as my lovely wife at dinner and the only complaint ever heard was that the line was a bit long. I personally would like to see better parking, but I will park wherever, as long as the people are friendly and the food is good. My personal menu favorites are the "Fish Tacos" and "Fried Shrimp". They also have fried crawfish when the season is right. Free refills are offered for most beverages as well. I recommend this place to anyone tired of paying "Seawall" prices for poor food, when this nice place is just off the beaten path.

1  Thank GRTraveldawg
Write a ReviewReviews (1,366)

Reviewed December 10, 2011

I found this place through Urban Spoon while I was staying at a beach house in Galveston in 2010. It was so good, I had to give it another go. My husband and I came here for lunch on a Friday shortly after noon. It was very busy, with locals mainly, not tourists. Luckily we were able to find a table. They have great lunch specials for $8.99. My husband got 2 pieces of talapia and 4 shrimp then I got the 3 catfish filet lunch. Each comes with fries, hush puppies, cole slaw and an iced tea. My catfish had a well seasoned cornmeal breading on it. The pieces were huge! I could only eat a piece and a half. The fries were normal fries. The hush puppies had Jalapeno in them which were amazing. The cole slaw was similar to KFC. We both loved our meals. My only criticism is that they are served in a large nacho boat with fish on top so you have to work your way down to the fries and hush puppies. I wish they put everything on a plate. Oh well, I'll be back!

1  Thank ljmzta
Reviewed December 1, 2011

Shrimp and stuff is an accurate description. An unpretentious cafe situated a few blocks from the beach on the south of Galveston Island. It is a short drive from the main strip.

I had a fried shrimp po-boy. Other had boiled shimp and catfish. All the food was fresh, tasty and non-greasy. The side order of onion rings were devoured rapidly. The cafe has a moderate selection of drinks. The shimp served is larger, tastier and sweeter than the medium sized ones served in Louisiana.

As you can see from the picture, it is a popular place of a Sunday afternoon - off season. They also have outdoor seating. We loved it.

1  Thank Clerkenwell
Reviewed November 30, 2011

Great lunch specials. Ordered the shrimp po'boy and it was the best fried shrimp I have ever had. Seems to be a place the locals favor.

1  Thank Mary E
Reviewed November 29, 2011

We ordered shrimp po boys and shrimp platter. Seafood was fresh, portions were ample, and food was prepared perfectly. This is a must-stop whenever we are in Galveston.

1  Thank TexasTerry317