The Lasker Inn
Comfort Inn & Suites Beachfront(Galveston)(Great Value!)
$179
$127
HolidayInn.com
  • Beachfront
Harbor House Hotel & Marina at Pier 21(Galveston)(Great Value!)
$116
  • Breakfast included
$135
$187
$176
  • Pool
Quality Inn & Suites Beachfront(Galveston)(Great Value!)
$155
Hilton Galveston Island Resort(Galveston)(Great Value!)
$263
$227
$166
$161
Moody Gardens Hotel Spa & Convention Center(Galveston)(Great Value!)
$249
Hotels.com
$179
$143
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbed and breakfastwedding weekendgourmet breakfastmet richardhomemade jellyentire weekendamazing weekendyouth conferencewonderful weddinggrand suitebridal suitemaking everyone feelevery amenityown bathroomplace to stayfavorite roomevery morning
Reviewed January 4, 2014

My husband and I were looking for a romantic night away from Houston, and the Lasker Inn was perfect. We both like places with history and atmosphere, and the Lasker Inn has both. The owners have done a marvellous job decorating the interior of the house, providing all modern comfort while respecting and accentuating the building's historic importance. The breakfast is served a little on the late side (9:30), but is a great mix of sweet and savory, each dish clearly prepared with love and finesse. Our host Richard made us feel very much at home from start to finish. Highly recommended!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Vicky v
Reviewed December 23, 2013

My now husband and I knew Linda and Richard Denson before our plans to incorporate the Lasker into our wedding, but they still blew us away with the accommodations and service! We had my family stay before and after the wedding on December 21st, and let me just say, it became like home. Richard Connor, our host, was amazing and welcomed us from the get-go with delicious snack spreads and drinks. Our every whim was fulfilled, and I feel like he is part of the family now. The accommodations of each room are truly world-class; antique charm with modern amenities and comfort. The stay was so comfortable and home-like, complete with gorgeous Christmas decorations. The breakfast was also out-of-this-world; home-made casseroles, eggs, pancakes, pastries and cream- you name it, they had it!

Billy Joe, my husband, and I also chose for our rehearsal dinner to be hosted by the Lasker. It was truly beyond what I could have envisioned, from the gorgeous Christmas table decor to the candlelit settings. We had the BEST meal, and it is so nice to hang out at the Lasker's antique bar. After our wedding and rehearsal on that Saturday, our families came back to the Lasker to spend time together while we went off on our own. From what I heard, they were up half the night having an amazing time, and even had Richard join in on the fun!

Richard and Linda Denson, thank-you for your gorgeous bed and breakfast, it is truly world-class and competes with all places I've ever stayed in terms of hospitality, comfort, and food.

Richard Connor, thank-you for making the Lasker like a home for us and being such a gracious host...we had TOO much fun :)

Please do not hesitate to use the Lasker for an event, get-together, or just a nice stay. It WILL NOT disappoint!

Love,
Billy Joe and Maddie Strawn

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank madcappy
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Let me start off by saying my husband and I travel 3-4 times a year and Lasker Inn is rated in top 3. We took a 3 night trip to Galveston for my 40th birthday and decided to stay at the Lasker Inn based on the reviews. Normally that's how we decide on where we going to stay. Richard, our host did an excellent job. He was there for anything we needed. A very nice guy. We booked the Windward Suite and once we got there we learned we had been upgraded to "The Grand" because no one had booked that particular room. Three letters 'OMG'. The room is huge. As stated in previous reviews there were fresh flowers, chocolates, and lime water every night we were there in our room. This B & B should be rated #1. The home is very beautiful and close to everything. Richard did a good job with breakfast also. We had the entire dining area to ourselves. Even though it rained the entire time in Galveston last weekend I wouldn't have trade it for anything. I have told all our friends about the Lasker Inn. My husband and I are already planning another stay there soon.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ronjrich13
Reviewed November 22, 2013

I had the wonderful opportunity to visit The Lasker in September for a couple of days with my sister. I could have stayed for a week just enjoying the beautiful, perfectly restored old mansion. The host/owner, Linda, is fabulous! Always smiling, gracious and on top of everything. Even the bed sheets were top of the line...600 count Egyptian cotton! I can't wait to get some for my home. Lasker is an amazing, memorable, gorgeous and gracious place!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank beachweddings96815
Reviewed November 9, 2013

My husband used Tripadvisor to tell us about this brand new Bed & Breakfast in Galvaston. All of the reviews were correct... plus more. It is an incredibly stunning jewel that has been updated and while maintaining it's stunning original charm I didn't worry I may be harming the old structure by staying in it or using any of it's amazing facilities. Each room was beautifully decorated and the couple that own this, Richard and Linda, went out of their way to make us feel welcome and wanted. We felt incredibly pampered from water in our rooms, chocolate and a stocked bar but I think they were just treating us as family. Excited to come back again very soon.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple