“Restaurant with a view”
Review of Fish Tales

Fish Tales
Reserve with OpenTable
Fish Tales is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 319 Restaurants in Galveston
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Scenic view, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed June 16, 2014

We chose to eat here because of the view! It is directly across from the pier with all the rides. We were seated upstairs & had a great view. Great variety of seafood. Very good. Don't miss! Service is great!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,338)

Reviewed June 16, 2014

We really enjoyed our visit to Fish Tales. It is somewhat commercialized, part of the Landry's chain. We shared raw oysters and the shrimp 4 ways. Both were very good. We splurged (calorie-wise) on pecan a la mode. Very good coffee, our waiter made a fresh pot for us. Service was very personable and efficient.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

My sons and I ate there for lunch yesterday (June 15, 2014), and we enjoyed our meal. My son had the burger/fries, and my other son had the grilled cheese sandwich/fries, and they ate almost all of what was on their plate. I ordered the Broiled Seafood platter, and I liked everything on it, except for the crab cakes, which didn't taste good and was rather mushy. Our waitress was wonderful. Based on the lunch alone, I would have given Fish Tales four stars.

We left and went back to Pleasure Pier for more rides. When we were all ready to go home a couple of hours, we stopped by Fish Tales again, intending to order ice cream to go. My younger son wanted Icee, and since the list of flavors on outside wall of the restaurant didn't seem to be for Icee, I asked for paper/pen (I'm Deaf). After getting paper/pen, I wrote down my question: "What flavors do you have for the Icee drink?" Their answer? The red-haired, cross-eyed female employee told me to come inside, and we complied. When we came inside, I expected them to have an answer to my question ready (or at least in the process of being written), but that didn't happen.

What happened was...the red-haired, cross-eyed female employee THREW AWAY my question as I was walking from outside window to inside of the restaurant!

Imagine that. My question was so unimportant to them that they thought it was okay to THROW IT AWAY. When I asked for an answer to my question, I got a lot of "don't knows"...and this forced me to go to my smartphone and ask: "Where is the question that I wrote?" One of the employees finally told me: "We threw it away." They actually expected me to write my question *again.* I was so disgusted by the service that I got, that I left without buying ice cream or Icee from them. Their service, in my opinion, deserved ONE STAR. (actually it should be ZERO stars.)

1  Thank Michele W
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Had eat here once before and was not that impressed but after having to leave Bubba Gump across the street due to a terrible experience there, we were surprised to be seated right away on what seemed like a busy night. Drinks were good and wife and I shared a seafood platter. We took dessert to go back to the hotel and it was good and rich. Will return there again.

Reviewed June 13, 2014

Food was really good but the service was the worst. Our waitress Karliss, was very rude. We didn't even get to put our drink orders in till 15 minutes after seating. The restaurant was not busy at all. Send this waitress in for more training or change her attitude. I will not be returning. Customer lost!

1  Thank Aubree L