“Above Average "Theme" Food”
Review of Fish Tales

Fish Tales
Reserve with OpenTable
Fish Tales is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #52 of 320 Restaurants in Galveston
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Scenic view, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

I typically avoid larger, themed restaurants but this one surprised me. My wife"s red fish picatta was amazingly fresh and savory. My snapper was similarly fresh but not as memorable. With prices in line with other fresh seafood restaurants, this is a viable option in the Pleasure Pier area.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,385)

Reviewed October 28, 2013

The food is very, very average. I would say on par with a Landry's, so nothing to write home about. I also felt it a bit overpriced. For two adults and 2 kids it was over $70 and we only had soft drinks. The restaurant has a some good character, great service and a good view of the beach and Pleasure Pier. Too bad the food detracts from the atmosphere. One plus is that they do offer a $10 voucher toward parking.

Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

The food was average for the price..and not much variety...the only good thing is the location...it's right across pleasure pier..

Reviewed October 27, 2013

We decided to take our order back to the hotel. Shrimp kisses may have been better fresh out of kitchen, but they weren't bad. We were disappointed there didn't seem to be jalapeno inside and they could have used the kick. Gumbo was bland, poorly seasoned and tasteless. The cobb salad was drenched in dressing and the lettuce wilted, but the toppings were good. I ate the toppings and left the rest. The bar looks fun and the view is great, so might go back for cocktails.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at Fish Tales. It is directly across from the pier with the amuzement park where there is never a dull moment. My husband enjoyed his seafood and since I don't care for it, I got the pulled pork...absolutely delicious! We will be going back.