“Good Choice in Galveston”
Review of Fish Tales

Fish Tales
Reserve with OpenTable
Fish Tales is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 311 Restaurants in Galveston
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Kids, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Monument, Colorado
“Good Choice in Galveston”
Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

We've been here a few times now. I'd say this us a pretty good choice for a qualityeal in Galveston. The service was excellent and the food very good. Try a cup of gumbo with your meal.

1 Thank ZaphodTheTraveler

Houston, Texas
“Lost in a Fish Tale”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We selected this restaurant for the convenience and the menu. While we were seated quickly it became apparent that our server was overwhelmed. Our order for drinks was taken quickly as well as our food. The food when it arrived was kinda small for the money. My wife and I split a fried fish platter and found the quantity fairly small; shrinp different ways, fries, crab balls and fried fish. When served we asked for additional cocktail sauce and both the server and hostess said they would bring some back. 10 minutes later still no cocktail sauce. We asked again and finally they brought some, but at this point most of my meal was gone. The others in our party got decent meals but again on the small side for the price.

Finally trying to get a check and pay the bill was a challenge. First it took a while for the server to bring the check. Next I used my Landry's card and placed that in with the bill and my credit card. The bill comes back with no discount [10% should have been taken off]. Flagging down the server he went back to get an adjustment; then they tried to find me in their system and couldn't confusion! Well after a long time I was finally able to get my discount and pay the bill. It took way to long and so beyond slow service, overpriced meals [for the size] and no bread brought to the table we left.

Message is overpriced, watch the service and don't forget to ask for bread! Likely not to come back to this restaurant.

Visited November 2012
Port Lavaca, Texas
“Great views, okay food”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

The view from the upstairs balconey is one of the best in town. The food is just okay. I think it is overpriced for what you get, but you are paying for the view.

Visited November 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent all the way around!”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We found the food & service to be excellent! Food was very tasty & was hot when we received it!! We each had a po'boy sandwich, mine being the fish & my husband had the shrimp . Both were fried, but were great nevertheless. Our server was Carlette.She was very kind & very good at her job. She was very pleasant about redoing my sandwich when I found out it had lettuce on it as I have an allergy to iceberg lettuce. We have been to Fishtales several times & each time was a pleasant experience. A word about the parking... If you park in their lot & eat there, there is NO CHARGE to park there, however, you MUST get your parking ticket validated upon completion of your meal. Otherwise, if you park there & go across the street to the Pleasure Pier, you WILL be charged a $10 fee.

1 Thank Nascarlvr
DFW
“Best Redfish EVER!!”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I ordered the Blackend Redfish with lump crab. They made mine special as I am Gluten intollerant. It was the BEST Redfish I have ever eaten. The hubs had the Crabmeat stuffed Jalepenos & he said they were delish! We ate out on the balcony overlooking the Pleasure Pier. HIGHLY reccomend this establishment.

Visited October 2012