“Another great meal”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed March 7, 2011

Hubby and I had a late bfast/early lunch there before we left the island. Hubby had french toast with bacon-tasty french toast with a touch of cinnamon with fresh strawberries and bananas and perfectly crisp bacon-he ate every tiny scrap! I had the turkey divinity sandwich: french bread, herbed mayo, shaved turkey, perfectly crisp bacon, grilled green apples and lots of Brie with romaine and red leaf lettuce-what a sandwich, this is always a winner to me!! came with choice of the day's sides, I had red apple and walnut salad, quite tasty but I was too full to eat much of it.

1  Thank BeachbumAggie

Reviewed February 23, 2011

Everyone in Galveston told us to go to Mosquito grill and they were right. Excellent food. Yes ,you order at a counter and sit down with a number. But they bring you your food , refilled our drinks, and bussed our dishes. The prices are in line with the quanity and quality of the food you get. They also own a wonderful cupcake/bakery store across the street. If you are too full get a treat to go for later!

Reviewed February 14, 2011

My wife and I loved this restaurant! The food was good and the ambiance of the place is ideal for a island vacation. The restaurant was decorated in typical island flair. The place is not too big, so you may have to wait for a table. Highly recommended for a good breakfast.

Reviewed February 3, 2011

The daily specials are on a chalkboard as you enter, and there are about 8 different options. We weren't in the mood for a full meal, so we ordered from the menu instead. My son's BBQ pork sandwich was huge and was topped with lettuce leaves and coleslaw. His side of potato chips reminded me of crispy Ruffles. I ordered an appetizer, but there was so much, I needed to take half of it home! It was the grilled shrimp (5) over Thai noodles with a side container of spicy peanut sauce ( not spicy, more like watery peanut butter). They also have a case with desserts, more like a bakery, perhaps from the bakery across the street, Patty Cakes. The lemon bars were delicious! This restaurant is constantly busy, with a combination of locals & tourists.

Reviewed January 30, 2011

You can choose a tasty side to go with your sandwich or soup. The cheesy potatoes were good and the broccoli salad was wonderful.
The BLT was loaded with thick hickory bacon and the Chick Stak had goat cheese spread. Both were excellent. Looking forward to going back and trying the dinner menu. Go at 11am-it gets very busy or wait until after the rush.