“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Saltwater Grill

Saltwater Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Saltwater Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 308 Restaurants in Galveston
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 21st Street
Description: The Saltwater Grill is located just steps away from The Grand 1894 Opera House. Featuring an array of tantalizing fresh-from-the-grill and fresh-from-the-kettle seafood specialties, Saltwater Grill is in a class of its own when it comes to quality and attention to detail.
Flower Mound, TX
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2008

Upon reading reviews I picked a couple restaurants to visit while in Galveston. We were very pleased with Saltwater Grill. I called to make reservations as I didn't know if on 4th of July if they may be very busy. It was myself, husband, and 2 kids -ages 19 and 15. They gave us a huge horseshoe booth and Kevin was a great waiter. We had spinach apple vinegar salad - was good but not like Three Forks in Dallas - My husband and I had the gumbo. I was going to order the Daddy's portion - Thank god, Kevin told me not too as I didn't even finish the smaller portion. It was great though. My husband and son had steaks and they were good also. Had the house Cabernet and it was good too. My daughter ordered the salmon pasta it was good but probably would get something different next time. Great experience!

1 Thank JShovel

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Very good for seafood joint.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2008

Very good for seafood joint.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Dallas, Texas
“Quickie wedding folks: heads up”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2008

When I read all of the great reviews I immediately booked Salt Water Grill for dinner as I was planning a short, simple wedding on the beach in Galveston and had a party of less than five people. I chose Galveston for my beach wedding as I have many happy memories there but could have gone to a much "ritzier" beach location. My needs are pretty simple: five minute ceremony outside and a regular table for five people. When I asked the gentleman on the phone if I could have a tiny wedding cake delivered to celebrate at our table I was shot down. He sneeringly said that he would have to "see about that" and that a manager would call me which he never did. This restaurant - despite it's high prices - does not offer this kind of celebration cake on their menu. Their attitude made me cancel my reservation. I easily found another restaurant willing to accommodate me with a small cake. What do they think I was going to opt for? Cutting my wedding cake at the Super 8 or the parking lot? Many couples opt for Galveston as a quick and inexpensive place to "elope" and escape the hassles of a big, overblown event. Saltwater Grill just lost a $500 customer.

1 Thank News_JunkieDallas
houston
“the best of galveston hands down”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2008

Fresh fresh fresh from our great bar concoctions--to the freshest seafood on the island or even houston-=-also my friends prime filet was cooked to perfection and tasted great!--tell your friends about this place--and for those who say prices are high have you been to the other over rated places on the island --saltwater grill gives you first class fresh seafood --no freezers or microwwaves here

Ocean City, New Jersey
“Make this a stop in your Galveston stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2008

We enjoyed a wonderful dinner here during a recent week-long visit to Galveston. The Saltwater Grill was at the top of the list of restaurants we enjoyed during that stay. Food and service were terrific. Nice selection of wines. Comfortable, fun and relaxed atmosphere. The Saltwater Grill would be a great choice for a nice night out when in Galveston.