“excellent food/service”
Review of Saltwater Grill

Saltwater Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Saltwater Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #39 of 319 Restaurants in Galveston
Cuisines: American, Asian, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 21st Street
Description: The Saltwater Grill is located just steps away from The Grand 1894 Opera House. Featuring an array of tantalizing fresh-from-the-grill and fresh-from-the-kettle seafood specialties, Saltwater Grill is in a class of its own when it comes to quality and attention to detail.
Reviewed May 16, 2013

We spent a lot of time running around the Strand, and checked out a few restaurants before settling on this place, as the menu looked good and reasonably priced. The lobster bisque was to die for. Excellent atmosphere, service and outstanding food.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

This restaurant has a cool ocean feel atmosphere. My friend and I were exploring Galveston yet again from Houston and was looking for a great lunch stop near post office area. When were arrived the hostess set us at a table even though they closed at 2pm and reopen for dinner. The waitress knew the menu very well and even helped my friend whom is gluten free chose the correct choice. The menu has very creative entrees such as lobster and shrimp burrito and sweet potato crusted catfish. We shared those two items and were not let down. If you are there just of lunch this place is ideal.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

The bacon wrapped scallops are wonderful and we liked the chilean sea bass and steaks are great also. Make sure and order the chocolate souffle it is well worth the wait .

Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

We chose this place as a last resort when the two other places we wanted to try were closed on a Sunday evening. The server suggested the specials of the night and I chose the ribeye. I was very pleased. The reduction sauce was to die for. Of course after the wonderful asparagus and crab meat appetizer , I was full and I couldn't eat my entire meal. The server kindly packed it up for me and even gave me a small container of extra sauce to go with my left overs.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

We walked in for dinner on a Tuesday night and the place was empty. Dont know why because we all agreed for a business dinner that it was the best food ever!