“A bit of Italy”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Galveston, Texas
“A bit of Italy”
Reviewed March 8, 2012

Very good Northern Italian Food set in an old bank building (there's a table in the vault). The restaurant is more formal than most on the Strand but its a good place for an adult dinner.

2 Thank Saralyn R

Almonte, Canada
“Nice Place, Good Food, Good Service but Expensive!”
Reviewed March 5, 2012

This is in an old bank building in the historic area. It is very nice inside and the service was good.

I ordered the special veal parmesan and gnocchi and my wife had the lasagna.

My wife is picky about lasagna but liked theirs. My veal and gnocchi was also good. The negative was the price. Mine was a "special", so no price was given. I was charge $30, which I though was very high for what it was, the area and compared to the other dishes.

I can recommend the food but watch out for the pricing of specials. You may get sticker shock!

• Visited March 2012
2 Thank George S
Dallas
“Italian Food on the Historic Strand in an Old Bank Building”
Reviewed January 29, 2012

Luigi's has been a favorite of locals and visitors alike for years, but our group (two locals & four "out of town" Texans) had not been since Hurricane Ike. The restaurant was in full swing on a chilly Thursday night in January. We ate in the old bank vault which is a small private dining area that can seat 6-8 comfortably with one side open to the rest of the restaurant. Our service was good and all dishes very tasty. We enjoyed the antipasta platter, the crispy salad with house vinaigrette, the homemade ravioli, the trout, and my hubby(the lasagna snob) even liked his lasagna. the group all said they would return.

4 Thank JoInTexas
Saint Augustine Beach, Florida
“If you like salt...”
Reviewed January 24, 2012

First, the building is very nice. The good ends there. The waitstaff are very unattentive and the food is not cooked very well for the price. I had a piece of carrot from my wife's grilled vegetable plate that had it been a blind taste test I could not have guessed it was a carrot. It was tasteless. My eggplant parmesan was so salty it was almost inedible. We will not return.

• Visited January 2012
Galveston, Txq
“Good Food”
Reviewed January 14, 2012

This is a quaint restaurant in the area of the Strand. It is somewhat dark & a romantic atmosphere. The food is exceptional. Staff is very attentive. Large portions.

• Visited November 2011