“Great local restaurant”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 24, 2012

We ate here recently and really enjoyed our dinner. The restaurant was extremely crowded so service was a little slow. But if you want to avoid tourist restaurants then this is a good choice. But, as others have said request salad dressing on the side, not drenched over the top of your salad. Also avoid the Shrimp and Pasta dish. Not enough shrimp. Everything else was great.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

Atmosphere in the back room is very unpleasant. It is dark, and has black vinyl tablecloths. Make a reservation if you want to eat in the front room with its red checked tablecloths. Food was not as good as Olive Garden and was twice as expensive. We will not be returning.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

The food was very good and the service was excellent! And the desserts are wonderful! My husband and I both agreed we would definitely eat at DiBella's when we are next in Galveston.
It is definitely best to have reservations; they were getting very, very busy as we were finishing and it was still pretty early. I can also see how parking could be an issue if it were busy. The restaurant is located in a residential area and we parked on the street across from the restaurant.

Reviewed July 8, 2012

The shrimp & crab fettuccine Alfredo is amazing, even with the shrimp being dry and overlooked. The eggplant Parmesan and lasagna are incredible with the best red sauce!

Reviewed May 21, 2012

We had a party of 12 eat at Di Bella's a couple of saturdays ago.I have heard it has been there for yrs and how good it was.We are all from Houston,and go to Galveston often.The atmosephere was good.We were sat in a back room.Our server was nice enough,but service was very slow.At one point my tea was empty 10 minutes,and the waitress was mixing tea for herself.I had to ask everytime I needed tea.Most of the meals were 20.00.I have no problem paying the money for good food.When my pasta and shrimp finally came out 1 hr later.It was a bowel of pasta with 5 small shrimp that were overcooked.I thought they gave me a 1/2 order.But it was a full order.Since we were a big party they add 18% tip in,which again I usually tip at least 20%,but the server knew she was getting 18%,so she seemed not to care that much about service.It was already 9:30 and we had a long drive home so I did not say anything.If you are are going to charge 20 bucks a meal give a fair portion,and cook shrimp good.If you are going to chg 18% tips,the server should be alot more attentive.We eat at pappas seafood all the time.I pay 18.99 for shrimp and pasta and cannot eat it all.about 12 shrimp good size.I will not be back at those prices and quility.It just was not that good.Sorry!

1  Thank Michael F