“calamari, pizza and good atmosphere”

Mario's Seawall Italian Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 315 Restaurants in Galveston
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Houston, Texas
“calamari, pizza and good atmosphere”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We arrived in time for happy hour which goes until 7 pm on Friday nights. It includes 1/2 price appetizers which gives you a chance to try something new if you are not looking to spend upwards of $10 for an appetizer. The calamari is tender and served with a warm tasty marinara sauce. The pizza is always loaded with toppings and the crust is crisp. The restaurant overlooks sea wall blvd. and the beach....nice atmosphere

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank curly68

Ottawa, Canada
“They Aced It.”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

My wife and I had two opportunities to sample the great things Mario's can do for the food scene in Galveston this past weekend. We were in town for a wedding and the pre-wedding reception and dinner were held in the private dining room upstairs. Mario's put on a lovely wide selection of their foods with clear and bursting flavours. After the wedding we went there seeking gluten-free pizza and found Mario's is the only place in town for GF pizza. We were not disappointed. In fact it was one of the finest GF pizzas my wife had ever had. I ate the regular pizza. We both chose the "Mario's Seawall Special" so we could compare. It was a great success.
The leftover pizza was still wonderful; when eaten cold the next morning.
Thank you Mario's.

• Visited October 2013
Bedford, TX
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Authentic Italian”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Reasonably Priced, good food, service could have been a bit more attentive but could have been that they were busy at time we were there, overall worth the $$

Visited July 2013
Schertz, Texas
“Mario's Seawall”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

This is our faviorit Italian restaurant on the Island. My wife grew up in Galveston and visited the original location many times for their pizza.

Visited June 2013
Crystal Beach, Texas
“Food is pretty good but definitely overpriced”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I had been wanting to try Mario's ever since I moved to the Gulf because I drove past their lovely restaurant often. I finally went yesterday for lunch and was a bit disapointed. I ordered Spaghetti and was surprised that a salad did not come with it. Also, the bread was brought with the meal instead of beforehand. The meal was pretty good, but was so overpriced I probably won't return there. I guess they feel their food is something special-it's not. I will say that the service was excellent. I prefer to drive the 45 miles to Beaumont and eat at the Johnny Carino's-food is better and cheaper.

• Visited September 2013