“Disappointed”

Mario's Seawall Italian Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 308 Restaurants in Galveston
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Scenic view, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Disappointed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2008

Disappointed

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Nice place, but nearly everyone in our party agreed the food was sub-par. And when you pay an extra $5-10, it better...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2007

Nice place, but nearly everyone in our party agreed the food was sub-par. And when you pay an extra $5-10, it better be exceptional.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Its ok. I prefer Olive Garden.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2007

Its ok. I prefer Olive Garden.

austin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mario's Double booked my Wedding!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2005

Please think twice before using the banquet room at Mario's. I am from out of town and chose the banquet room to use for my wedding and reception. I paid a deposit and made several trips to the site to plan the set up and details, met with management each time.(all is fine up to this point)
Then the other shoe drops. Mario's called me six weeks prior to my wedding and tells me that they are double-booked and that my party gets the boot. I had to reprint my wedding invitations and resend them, scramble to find a new location, and incur *much additional expense. You can imagine how upsetting something like that would be.
The food at Mario's is great; and it is a great location on the seawall; but I would not recommend it as a location for a special event. I dealt with three different people who apparently don't communicate and keep reservations stored in different locations, never reconciling them. ... very loosy-gossy operation and not dependable.

1 Thank jlj
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great Food and Nice Atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2004

We ate at Mario's in December 2004 and had a great experience. The food was delicious and affordable. This website listed the average price as $30, but I would say it was less than that. The pizza is very good, and was around $10. My husband had an itialian dish with assorted sea food, all of which was very fresh. I believe this was around $16. The atmosphere is casual and most people I saw were wearing jeans.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member