“2nd visit - still Excellent” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mario's Seawall Italian Restaurant

Mario's Seawall Italian Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 308 Restaurants in Galveston
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Romantic, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Houston, Texas
“2nd visit - still Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2011

Service, food & ambiance are great! The food here is fresh-made, and good Italian food is my weakness. After a piece of yummy bread, this visit, I had their lasagna, which they make with small chunks of Italian sausage. While there was too much sausage for me, I'm sure others would love that! The lasagna wasn't too heavy, and Mario's gravy (sauce) is delicious - and I'm hard to please.

Visited November 2011

Orange
“Not our favorite”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2011

After seeing all the wonderful comments about Mario's here on tripadvisor, we were excited to give this place a try. We didn't eat the buffet, we actually went for dinner on a Saturday night. It was busy, so maybe that is why my food didn't impress me like I thought it would. The waiter we had was great but that is about all I can give a good rating. To start things off, my wife ordered the vegitarian delight salad for us to split. The salad looked great and didn't taste bad, but it was kinda bland and nothing to rave home about. I ordered the chicken parmesian and she ordered the penne pasta. My chicken parmesian was pretty dry and tough compared to some of the others I have had. It was just average. She says her entree' was kinda bland and didn't have much flavor. The kids ordered the white pizza. Waste of money because they didn't like it. Probably a bad choice on our part ordering the pizza because we didn't realize it was made without tomato sauce and would be dry. Maybe I will try this place again for the lunch buffet someday, but I probably won't be going back for dinner and paying those prices for average italian food.

• Visited November 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2011

The food was amazing....The service was great and the waiter was awesome.

Oklahoma
“Love love love it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2011

We love this place! Te house of food on their lunch Buffett is fantastic. There are several varieties of pastas, meats, side items, pizza, and drinks are included in the price. Most of the food is Italian. Delicious and it runs until 3. Restaurant is clean and staff is great. Their gellato is awesome:)

Houston
“best meal while visitig Galveston”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2011

WE had our best meal here while on our recent visit. I had the Italian vegetarian plate which consisted of eggplant parmigiana, grilled vegetables, and pasta with marinara sauce.My husband had the chicken marsala. I also had a cup of tomato basil soup which was very good. The service was very good from our friendly waiter Alfred. I checked the dessert tray on the way in and the selections looked delicious. Unfortunately, I was unable to try one, but I wlll be back. the strawberry shortcake looked especially appealing as did the cheesecake and red velvet cake. It will be hard to choose!
The lighting in the restaurant did not do justice to food photos.

• Visited October 2011