“Good find in Galveston!”
Review of Farley Girls Cafe

Farley Girls Cafe
Ranked #30 of 324 Restaurants in Galveston
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Texas Monthly Magazine - "This bright, cheery cafe located near the Medical Center enjoys a legion of foodie fans. Weekday lunches feature great salads, sandwiches, po'boys, and one of our faves-tacos loaded with grilled fish, crunchy cabbage slaw, and a house-made rémoulade that brings it all together. On the weekends we return for a brunch of fluffy biscuits topped with sinfully rich cream gravy and a pitcher of mimosas with fresh squeezed OJ. Oh yeah."
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

There was a wait outside on a Sunday morning brunch so it was a good sign! The inside is very country/ French with a small town feel. The inside is very bright with natural light and comfortable.You order at the counter and they bring the food to your table. The mimosas are terrific!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

It’s not Farley’s fault it was raining hard and they are a popular spot but... stressful trying to find a table, especially for larger group. They were slow to open upstairs for extra seating. Why not just have it ready to go? Some food orders were taking 40 minutes. $15 carafe of mimosas is one draw, and the food is usually tasty. Very generous servings. My husband and I split the OMG (tasty but decided would have preferred things side by side rather than all piled up). Fried chicken delish; their cheese grits are delicious as was the Texas eggs Benedict ( my friend only ate half). My sisters meal was cold; she would not order the biscuits and gravy dish again. Would definitely go again but maybe earlier or later. Would try the simpler dishes. Staff was harried but very very nice.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I got huevos rancheros, one of my favorite breakfast meals. It was really good and filling. Unlike other places, they layered everything. It was good. A little spicy. I'd get it again. My sister got the cornbread waffle and added fried chicken. It was good if you ate it all in one bite. The corn bread was good but I'm more of a sweet cornbread type person and theirs was savory. I got coffee, which was good but nothing special and I didn't see any lattes on their menu. The cashier was the least favorite part of my experience there. She wasn't rude but wasn't friendly either. She just looked like she was there. No expression on her face and she forgot to give me my coffee cup so I had to go back up and get it. FYI - the line was out the door but it moves relatively fast and it's counter service so you order then go find a seat. I'll be back.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Food was good no problem there.

All the issues we had were with parking - terrible, wheelchair access - bothersome and the noise level at peak hours - AWFUL.

I enjoy talking to people when we go out together. I do not like shouting.

Will I go back? Maybe, if I have a specific hard to please family member with me who really enjoyed the food, otherwise I am likely to skip it because it's out of the way and loud.

Reviewed August 6, 2018

Enjoyable breakfast at a restaurant that is not your run of the mill chain restaurant meal or drive thru. Food was tasty and flavorful. Good place to enjoy not only the food and also good conversation. Busy on Sunday but they still get your food to you quickly and hot.