“Wow - excellent food!”

Farley Girls Cafe
Ranked #40 of 315 Restaurants in Galveston
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Texas Monthly Magazine - "This bright, cheery cafe located near the Medical Center enjoys a legion of foodie fans. Weekday lunches feature great salads, sandwiches, po'boys, and one of our faves-tacos loaded with grilled fish, crunchy cabbage slaw, and a house-made rémoulade that brings it all together. On the weekends we return for a brunch of fluffy biscuits topped with sinfully rich cream gravy and a pitcher of mimosas with fresh squeezed OJ. Oh yeah."
Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

Ate brunch here on Sunday and was so good we came back Saturday morning. Texas eggs Benedict is the best I have ever had!!!

There are newer reviews for Farley Girls Cafe

Reviewed July 15, 2014

very good menu, and the food was fresh and delicious. ONLY open for lunch. We had the po boy and the fish tacos. Both were good.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

Wish we had eaten here the first night instead of the last! This was by far the best meal we ate and the best value. Quaint, cute, clean, friendly and super yummy!!! Even the service was better than the typical "island time" everyone else seemed to be on. Well worth seeking out!

Reviewed July 2, 2014

I have systematically worked my way through their Sunday brunch menu. Every dish is unique and well prepared. The BTA is my favorite - followed closely by the breakfast pizza! Farley Girl's dinners are also yummy. This is a great place to eat. Get there before 10..... cuz the place gets packed!

Reviewed June 25, 2014

I returned to Farley Girls for dinner because of a great first experience but second time around was a different story. Only a few tables occupied and two servers and lots of staff standing around but our waitress totally could not take care of the 2 tables she had. There were only 2 of us and we sat for a good 10 minutes before she ever came over. After she took our order, we had to ask her twice for water and although the food was prepared quickly, it waited on the counter for her to pick it up for a while along with food for several other customers. The cooks were actually running out of space to stack all the food they had prepared because the two servers were not picking it up. I finally got up, went over to the counter and asked one of the people standing around doing nothing to hand me my food which had been just sitting there. It was also obvious that a few staff members were busy boxing up a "to-go" order for one of the employees. There was obviously no manager around overseeing anything and when our waitress finally came over after we had started eating, she told us how tired she was. It was probably the worst experience I've ever had in a restaurant. Unfortunate because the food is good and the cooks are doing their jobs well but nobody else is!

1  Thank mwg594