“Really Good”

Farley Girls Cafe
Ranked #43 of 315 Restaurants in Galveston
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Texas Monthly Magazine - "This bright, cheery cafe located near the Medical Center enjoys a legion of foodie fans. Weekday lunches feature great salads, sandwiches, po'boys, and one of our faves-tacos loaded with grilled fish, crunchy cabbage slaw, and a house-made rémoulade that brings it all together. On the weekends we return for a brunch of fluffy biscuits topped with sinfully rich cream gravy and a pitcher of mimosas with fresh squeezed OJ. Oh yeah."
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Really Good”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

First time to visit Farley Girls. Started by two Sisters that cooked so good they opened an eating place. My husband and I had bought a Groupon, that's why we came.
I'd never heard of it before even though we go to Galveston all the time. So glad we did.
Only in business a year, it's closer to The Strand than the beach. Right by the Medical Center.
Serve breakfast and what I saw looked yummy. We both got sandwiches for lunch. Quite a varied menu. Mine was a bacon turkey avocado club. Very a Good! Hubby got a shrimp Po-Boy and loved it. Guy next to me got pulled pork. It looked very good and he said it was. Quite a few salad choices. Crowded when we got there but not a problem. A lot of seating with Indoor & outdoor seating. I'd say it got a cafe feel. Order at counter then seat yourself. There is a pay parking lot behind the restaurant & they validate your parking ticket, so free. Saw they open now for supper but can't comment since we had lunch.
If your interested, they had a banquet room upstairs and a private room for, say a bridal luncheon.
Definitely worth trying. We will be going again for sure!

• Visited October 2013

“Exactly what amazing comfort food is supposed to taste like!”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Excellent food and value. The menu items are fantastic and their specials are even better. Best Gumbo ever!

Colorado
“Perfect for a nice lunch”
Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

Loved this place!! Food was great. It came out pretty fast too. Even better they have a pretty good selection of wine by the bottle that is VERY reasonable. Highly recommend!!

• Visited September 2013
columbia
“Quality of food Excellent”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I attended a luncheon with a large group. Initially thought the service might be lacking. I couldn't have been more wrong! I had the basa fish that was the best I've had in a restaurant. Don is to be commended for managing our group.

houston
“Mostly right on”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Partner and I have eaten here three times. Mostly it has been good with just a couple of misses. The Huevos Rancheros on the brunch menu are strange and unlike any others we have ever encountered. They were not to my partners liking although that may be due to individual taste. On another visit, the mile high meatloaf - usually excellent - was served stone cold. This was promptly corrected but should not have happened. Standing in line to place an order seems out of synch with the prices. For what they charge I would expect full service. Parking with validation next door is wonderful and the atmosphere is cherry and upbeat. We will continue to patronize thie restaurant in spite of a couple of misses because mostly the food is creative and downright good.

• Visited September 2013