“Dinner visit, 09/01/13”

Farley Girls Cafe
Ranked #37 of 311 Restaurants in Galveston
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Validated Parking, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Texas Monthly Magazine - "This bright, cheery cafe located near the Medical Center enjoys a legion of foodie fans. Weekday lunches feature great salads, sandwiches, po'boys, and one of our faves-tacos loaded with grilled fish, crunchy cabbage slaw, and a house-made rémoulade that brings it all together. On the weekends we return for a brunch of fluffy biscuits topped with sinfully rich cream gravy and a pitcher of mimosas with fresh squeezed OJ. Oh yeah."
“Dinner visit, 09/01/13”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The food was of good quality; however I didn't like coming in and it's usually a deli / board for patrons. For dinner, they covered the board and give patrons menus to look at. Our waiter started off being a girl who sat us down, but it transitioned to a guy who was just not as accommodating as the other wait staff were to other tables. Those other wait staff took over and the service got better. Just made me think, was this red headed guy with glasses a mgr? Hmm. Good food though and very good prices. I would try them again, even with this one drawback. (I hope they improve on dinner service!) And would have loved to see a dessert menu...

Visited September 2013

Houston, Texas
“Could be better”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

This was our second visit to this restaurant in less than a month, first time my food was excellent after I noticed the French Chicken had blue cheese, but the menu does not indicate that it does, sent it back and they graciously fixed my order, my friend had Shrimp and grits and it was luke warm at best, she did not want to flag the server down as not to complain so she only eat part of her order, the rest when home. Our second trip, my order was cold. I would like to think that these two incidents are isolated at best as this restaurant has a lot of business and the food is good, however the quality of the food must be consistent and must be hot and served hot when the dish calls for it.

• Visited August 2013
“Great food”
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Small cafe next to the hospital very close to the sea wall
Fresh seafood
Great seafood plater
Take the salad with the goat cheese

All dishes were great

Visited August 2013
Houston, Tx
“Best of the island”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Farley Girls. I had no expectations: My trips to Galveston revolve around Shrimp and Stuff and Sunflower, but this is my new favorite. I was surprised by the quality of the food, the value, and the overall service. Highlights for us included the campechana appetizer, the grilled seafood platter, and the steak. I eat at a lot of restaurants, and food at Galveston, beyond basic fried seafood, has felt like a lackluster experience overall. This was different. Excellent service (even ordering at the counter), and some of the best, freshest, strongest iced tea I've ever had. Great meal!

Visited August 2013
Galveston, Texas
“Everything Good”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

This is a fairly new restaurat that has developed quite a following. The food is down--home scrumptious! Unusual menu items satisfy an eclectic taste. I love the shrimp & grits, prosciutto pizza, chicken patty, and hangover bowl. Mimosas and Bellinis are fantastic as well! Warm atmosphere and courteous staff. Park at the adjacent lot and Farley Girls will validate your ticket.

• Visited August 2013