“New to island. Destined to stay'”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Farley Girls Cafe

Farley Girls Cafe
Ranked #40 of 308 Restaurants in Galveston
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Validated Parking, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Texas Monthly Magazine - "This bright, cheery cafe located near the Medical Center enjoys a legion of foodie fans. Weekday lunches feature great salads, sandwiches, po'boys, and one of our faves-tacos loaded with grilled fish, crunchy cabbage slaw, and a house-made rémoulade that brings it all together. On the weekends we return for a brunch of fluffy biscuits topped with sinfully rich cream gravy and a pitcher of mimosas with fresh squeezed OJ. Oh yeah."
Galveston, Texas
“New to island. Destined to stay'”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

A really cute crazy hip loud place located in heart if easy end and Utmb medical area. Very accessible for walkers. Pet friendly and food us fAb And lots of it. Servings r enough for 2 to split. Recently added dinner time Try it! You'll like it!

• Visited July 2013

Houston
“Tasty Fresh Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

I went to Farley Girls with my children and parents for dinner one evening. Everything we had was amazing. We spend a great deal of time in Galveston and love finding new places. I had the Warm Goat Cheese and Candied Pecan Salad. Fried Goat cheese, who would have ever thought, it was the perfect addition to the salad, I have been craving it ever since. I was happy to find the family friendly feel with more upscale menus, even the kids enjoyed the food and the atmosphere. I highly recommend you find this little Cafe next time you are in Galveston.
On top of everything, the service was great, one of the owners stopped by for a chat as well as several staff members checking on us. It's a walk up and order kind of place, so no assigned waitstaff, but everyone wanted to be sure we had everything we needed and were doing well.

• Visited July 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

I went to Farley Girls with a few friends who had been there before and raved about it. We went for brunch, and it didn't disappoint. They have a great menu, everything delicious, reasonable prices, and even breakfast cocktails (mimosas, poinsettias, etc.). You grab a menu, order at the counter, find a seat and then your buzzer tells you when your food is ready. Meanwhile there is wait staff milling around making sure you are happy, the food is good, and ask if you need anything.

I only at there for brunch but was very impressed, and based on the words from my friends who have been for dinner, it is just amazing. Apparently the lunch menu and dinner menu are completely different, offering diners a great selection for fare.

This place is doing it right. I can't recommend it enough.

Houston
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yummy! Fresh, home cooking”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

This place is tucked away on a little corner near UTMB campus. I first went in alone and thought it was pricey (relative to other cheap places on the island)..Took my mom back later because we couldn't get in to Mosquito cafe and I am so glad I did! I had a delicious omelet with perfectly cooked potato wedges. My mom got the shrimp tacos and they were loaded with shrimp! You get what you pay for! The coffee was decent, they have an average set up for additives and such. I will definitely go back for lunch next time

Midland, Texas
“Fantastic Find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

I searched restaurants looking for local eateries before visiting Galveston last month. We discovered Farley Girls, local establishment, at the medical center. Wow! Our first meal at Farley Girls was dinner. We started with the warm goat cheese and candied pecan salad - fresh, tastey, perfect blend of flavors. I thoroughly enjoyed the bassa Ponchartrain. The fish was flakey and moist. The Ponchartrain was a perfect accompaniment. My wife selected the seafood platter grilled. Another perfect entree. Galveston is the first city where we encountered "modified counter service." Not a problem. We also enjoyed the atmosphere - lots of windows, old Galveston charm. We were so impressed that we returned for Sunday brunch. Another perfect meal. Of course, we highly recommend Farley Girls and plan to return during our next trip to Galveston.