“Good not exciting”

Farley Girls Cafe
Ranked #29 of 319 Restaurants in Galveston
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Texas Monthly Magazine - "This bright, cheery cafe located near the Medical Center enjoys a legion of foodie fans. Weekday lunches feature great salads, sandwiches, po'boys, and one of our faves-tacos loaded with grilled fish, crunchy cabbage slaw, and a house-made rémoulade that brings it all together. On the weekends we return for a brunch of fluffy biscuits topped with sinfully rich cream gravy and a pitcher of mimosas with fresh squeezed OJ. Oh yeah."
Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

I wanted it to be as great as it smelled and I thought it might be- but it wasn't. I am not a huge fan of counter service- if I'm going out to eat and paying restaurant prices I want to be waited on- but staff was nice and very helpful. Food was pretty fast and good, but again nothing too exciting or great. We had a chicken burger that was a special and the Cobb salad she said we would love- we didn't think either were something worth going back for again. They are starting dinner service- but I really dislike counter service for dinner. I'm sure I will try again but it won't be a big rush!

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Farley Girls is now staying open till 9pm so we decided to try it for dinner. We were pleasantly surprised to find that they are offering a dinner menu which has some great choices it is hard to make one selection.
The shrimp kisses for an appetizer is one not to miss as is the shrimp for the main course. This shrimp dinner is going to give another popular seafood restaurant a run for their money once Galvestonian's and tourist find out about it.
Service as always was great and attention to detail has not swayed since farley Girls has opened. We will definetly be back to try the other selections.

Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

This was our first visit after hearing good things about this place. We were not disappointed. We were greeted at the door, advised about the menu and ordering process (it's counter service), and shown where to sit. We had a delicious brunch. The food is creatively prepared, tasted very fresh, and the prices are very reasonable considering the quality. Nice, clean, airy dining room. We will definetly be back. Free validated parking too!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

You can tell it's a local favorite from all the folks dressed in scrubs who take a quick break from their hospital duties to eat-in or carry-out. Reasonable menu with good selection of salads, sandwiches and pizza. Grilled shrimp po-boy was excellent, but I had lunch-envy looking at the meatloaf special.

Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

Came here for Mother's Day and loved it! I am dairy free and the entree I ordered came out covered in a butter sauce. They happily redid my order and did not make me feel bad about it at all! I really appreciated that. Also one of the owners visited our table making us feel "at home". This is the kind of customer service and attention that is so lacking in most establishments and will make this Resturant a regular part of our Galveston visits.