“Sunset view was awesome; Food very good; Service excellent”

Waterman Seafood Grill
Ranked #79 of 315 Restaurants in Galveston
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Sunset view was awesome; Food very good; Service excellent”
Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

We went with a friend and had an awesome time. The service was extremely good. The food was flavorful. I had the special and it was tasty just a little over cooked. Our friend had the grilled shrimp and he said it was very good and vegetables were cooked perfectly. Overall a nice place to good just a little over priced.

Lafayette, Louisiana
“Great views, food just so-so”
Reviewed June 13, 2014

The views at sunset are beautiful! The staff was very attentive. The food was lacking. The rolls in the bread basket were terrible, they honestly tasted freezer burnt and were very stale. The fried mushroom appetizer was outstanding though...and then the main course came and we were so disappointed. We ordered grilled fish and the specialty salad ( the one with cranberries, walnuts, and feta cheese) and none were very tasty. I just expected a more gourmet experience. The restaurant is fairly pricey and I just expected a more expertly prepared meal. Probably would not go back, which is a shame because the atmosphere was lovely and the sunset over the bay was spectacular. If you go for the view alone you will not be disappointed...if you are going for a gourmet meal you most likely will be.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank TheSandyBeach
“Excellent location, service could have been better”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

This was my first time to this restaurant. I will say the food was excellent. However, our service was poor and the prices are a bit high. I ordered the coconut shrimp but was halfway through my meal before it was brought to the table. It was a good crowd for a Wednesday night and they may have been understaffed. All in all, I probably will go back.

• Visited June 2014
“Didn't Love It”
Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

First step in the door and the old, musty smell hits you. I tried to ignore it, it's about the food, right? Kind of made dining a bit unpleasant though. Our entire group ordered the crab cake sandwich, as we all love crab cakes. We just felt they were okay. We travel a lot and have definitely had better. I also had the lobster bisque--just okay, a few shell pieces here and there. The view was amazing overlooking the bay. Our waiter was very nice. Our lunch for four plus one kid meal was about $120. If I had it to do over again, I'd skip it.

1 Thank jdlehmann
Overland Park, KS
“Good choice on the West Bay side”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

We enjoyed the scenic view and the recommended shrimp appetizers and lobster bisque. It's worth a return visit!

• Visited May 2014