“Great restaurant”

Dining options: Reservations
Pocahontas, Arkansas, United States
“Great restaurant”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Some friends and I were in Galveston and wanted some seafood for lunch when we happened upon Flamingos Steaks & Seafood. I remember thinking i'll bet this place is pricey, judging by the exterior, but was I pleasantly surprised. They had a lunch menu with a good selection for $8.95 the portions were generous and delicious. The service was great and the people seemed very nice. I definitely recommend this restaurant if you are in Galveston, TX.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Raymond M

Fredericksburg, Texas
“Wonderful experience”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We returned 3 times during vacation and month later spent long weekend in Galveston and made sure we had dinner again at Flamingo's! Nice atmosphere, had excellent wait staff, especially Monica. I had grouper one night, it was good, but did need alittle sweet spice chutney of some kind, she quickly came back with just the right thing. The grill oysters are incredible! Had them every time we went. Even at lunch, had the oysters and a hamburger which was just as good. The deserts...wow! The chocolate cake for two, very rich and yummy. Bread pudding was a little bland. Watching the crawfish races was fun too. A lively and classy place! Next time we will sit outside overlooking the water.

• Visited April 2013
Copperas Cove, Texas, United States
“Outstanding place for dinner! A pleasure unique experience!”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

James was an outstanding server, great sense of humor, saw to all our needs and was most attentive ! Highly and strongly recommend flamingo you won't be disappointed! Don't forget to try the to die for oysters flamingo!

• Visited May 2013
Galveston
“Delicious Food and Good Service”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We had a special evening out at Flamingo's to celebrate a birthday and we were not disappointed. I like my tuna on the rare side and it was just right. Roasted potatoes and veggies were also nicely done. The Jambalaya bowl was ample with a great variety of seafood: crab leg, clams, scallops, etc as well as chicken, etc. The gumbo, too was very good. Brian, our server, was knowledgeable and took care of us nicely. The wine selection was not extensive but it had what we wanted, with a reasonable price. (Not inexpensive, mind you, but they didn't knock us in the head with the mark-up.) Brian told us about the happy hour in the bar area with reduced prices for name brand liquors and a special menu of nibbles, but it is only for the bar - not the restaurant. Good to know for sometime when we just want to drink and nosh. The place was not crowded and it was a Monday night. My other experience at Flamingo's was for lunch and it was just as good. It is not an inexpensive meal, but in line with similar high end restaurants.

• Visited May 2013
Houston, Texas
“Barely average experience for above average prices”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

The service here was half decent, however, the food was not worth the money. To the waiter's credit, he told us that our food was taking so long because the kitchen had burnt my husband's steak, so he did not bring it out to us. However, the one that he then brought was RAW. My husband orders rare and this was even too underdone for him. So it was a very slow service to say the least. They did comp us a glass of wine, however, I asked for it in lieu of the waiting. For the price, we would have been better off at Outback I am sad to say.

Visited May 2013