“Great seafood!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Duncanville, Texas
“Great seafood!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

The red snapper was an excellent choice. It was fresh and flavorful. People at the table next to ours ordered it from the smell of my wife's plate. If there are no tables, eat using bar full service, as we did. This is truly an upgrade from the Chinese Buffet that had this spot before Hurricane Ike.$$

Visited February 2013

Houston, TX
“Fairly good dinner in Galveston”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

We dined here with another couple recently and enjoyed.

Don't get the gumbo. Not good
Instead, get the Oyster's Flamingo. Excellent baked oysters.

The rest of the dishes we had were fried fish and shrimp. All were good.
It is a bit pricey though.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Austin, Texas
“Absolutely Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

We ordered the stuffed oysters (can't remember the exact name). It was an oyster on a half shell, topped with a shrimp, and some kind of breadcrumbs/stuffing. I want to eat them every day and I've never been a huge oyster fan.
For my meal I ordered the seafood platter - SO MUCH FOOD. Seriously, split this plate. It's about 4 halved fish fillets/sticks, 4 shrimp, 4 fried oysters, 4 fried scallops, 3 jalapeno hush puppies, seasoned french fries.....I can't even remember if that's all. It was really great. I usually don't like hush puppies but theirs are fabulous.
My only complaint is against the scallops, whoever invented fried scallops was wrong, they had absolutely no flavor.
Our waitress was amazing, I wish I could remember her name so that she could get credit.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank mhurleygirlie
TEXAS
“Birthday Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

My parents took me to Flamingo for my BIrthday dinner, this is the second time we have been. Both times the food has been exceptional, the service is phenominal. We like that the manager (s) are always around to greet you and make sure everything is great. Service at Flamingo is service you wish you got everywhere. They are doing things "Right".

My Dad just happened to mention an off the wall appetizer he had eons ago somewhere and our waitress Kellie says oh its not on our menu but they can make that for you, and they did it was fabulous.

A-1 Food and Service, a must go---

Santa Fe, Texas
“1st Visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

Decided to give Flamingo's a try tonight. Upon arrival we were seated promptly and drink orders taken. It took awhile to receive our drinks and we did notice that the waiter was really busy, so I wont fault him for that. I ordered from the appetizer menu their "Flamingo Oysters", they were grilled oysters (12) topped with crab meat and a shrimp. The oysters were all less than an inch long but very good flavor. My wife had the "Shrimp Sampler" which had 3 cracker battered shrimp, 2 pecan crusted and 2 almond coated shrimp with a side of fries and slaw. The shrimp had a really fresh taste and were plump . She commented that "I should've ordered all cracked battered shrimp". I had for dessert a dozen oysters on the half shell that were excellent to complete our meal. Overall for a newly opened place on the Island it is a very good place to eat.