“Great place, highly recommend waiter Brian.”
Review of Flamingo's Steaks and Seafood - CLOSED

Flamingo's Steaks and Seafood
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 28, 2012

My husband and I come to galveston every couple of months, this time we tried Flamingo and we were very pleased! Brian, our server was excellent! He was very attentive, and very personable, we felt like we have known him all our life. The food was awesome, my husband had the long shore man platter after his appetizer of oysters, which he raved about, I thought he was gonna melt! I had the pork strip burger, both our dinners were good, but Brian is what made our visit excellent! When you go ask for Brian! We will go back. Not only does Brian deserve a raise, he deserves a significant raise for his outstanding service!

1  Thank Diana C

Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stopped after receiving a recommendation from a sea wall shop owner. I had the Caribbean jerk chicken and hubby had the blackened wood grilled flounder...both were delicious. We also had the smoked wood grilled oysters...very good.

1  Thank lovnlivnnalaska
Reviewed December 22, 2012

My husband and I went on a Saturday evening for dinner 12/22/12. Service was terrible and food was just as bad.
As we visited Galveston Island we stopped at another shop earlier in the day, they highly recommended this restaurant.
1) We had a hard time finding it. MapQuest does not recognize "Heards Lane" it finds "P1/2".
2) Waiter had about 10 tables, at least 2 of them large groups (6+), so we could never get his full attention.
3) Drinks were good at $7 a piece
4) We ordered the Fisherman platter to share (there was plenty of food), it took about 10 minutes to get an empty plate to actually "share" the plate. However, the food was bland, not a lot of taste to it and kind of dry.
5) We had been given a "free appetizer chef's choice" coupon which we used, as it says "chef" gets to pick your appetizer. We were charged for the appetizer when the bill came, so we had to get the waiter's attention to get it taken off.

Overall, we do not recommend this place.

Reviewed December 22, 2012

After hearing multiple rave reviews, I tried Flamingo's myself this week. The food was great! Our server, Brain, was the bomb! He was very friendly and he knows the menu very well.

1  Thank Mary S
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Perfect for work HOLIDAY get together. Great food,great price and the staff well, Brian was very knowledgable of appitizers,drinks,food and more. He was very friendly and funny. Our glasses were always quickly filled , as were our plates. He was able to recomend both food and drink that were fresh and flavorfull.He was very willing and happy to take multiple group photo's of us and by the time we left 2 other members of thier staff were helping him take more pictures of our gang. All said and done it was the perfect "END OF THE WORLD"/HOLIDAY PARTY. Thank's Brian you are the best. One more thing Ambience was GREAT.

2  Thank kitty b