“Cute Place”

Galveston Island Historic Pleasure Pier
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Cute place to walk through, didn't end up going on any rides. Boardwalk beside it isn't the nicest beach I have ever seen, but was nice to see some water!

1  Thank CrazyCanadianCatLady
Write a ReviewReviews (1,374)

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

My family really enjoyed the rides and the games. I just wish they wouldn't have charged ten dollars to enter, even though I didn't want to ride anything. I would recommend it to anyone going to Galveston.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

Yes it's true not that many rides but we had fun and that's all that matters!! $27 for 48inches and up $20 for 48 inches and under. But if you don't ride rides you still have to pay to go in. Which I love because the place is not that big!!

1  Thank Ashley W
Reviewed June 13, 2014

This place was pretty decent for what it is. We had bought City Passes in Houston so there was a pretty awesome coupon in there for an all day ride ticket if you bought an adult one so that made it worth it. There's a pretty good variety of rides, including a roller coaster. They had good food and good entertainment, which was awesome since I'm pregnant and couldn't ride any rides. I can see where this place could get pretty pricey. Many reviews have mentioned this place having scary security guys but I observed they were only at the entrance and didn't see them anywhere else while on the pier. We will defintely be going back here while visiting Galveston.

1  Thank Brittney D
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Just a handful of rides, HOT, and a terrible odor like something died (seaweed maybe?). The odor made me want to wretch. My 14 and 12 year old were bored after about 30 minutes. For what they deliver it was spendy. Won't be going back. Really the best part for us was the view of the park as we drove along Seawall Blvd. It looked like it would be so much fun. Seriously, save your money and just enjoy the free view as you drive by.

2  Thank TheSandyBeach