“A place for everyone”

Galveston Island Historic Pleasure Pier
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Fun for adults and kids. Price is ok... about $20.00 band for all rides.... worth the price. Staff were client oriented... safe and the best view of the gulf... By night.... all the light made the place a colorful attraction.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,368)

Reviewed July 1, 2013

This pier looks very fun and inviting on the drive by. The three of us (aged 22-30) decided we wanted to stop by on a Friday afternoon and check out the roller coaster since it looked like a wild ride being out over the gulf. The pier was blissfully not busy at all, so lines were very short or non-existent.

For the price to get in ($27!), there were really only a few appealing rides to go on. We avoided the log ride because the people getting off of it were completely soaked. The roller coaster WAS a great time, but incredibly short. I tried to take a picture with my phone while getting off of the ride (there was no one behind us waiting) and was promptly yelled at by the operator that if she saw it out again she would have me escorted out by security. The view from the rides was fabulous and it did add to the thrill being out over the water. The food and beers were pretty expensive, but I think that's to be expected at places like these. We had gone to Kemah Boardwalk the day before and prices were about the same.

We didn't end up spending too much time there because besides the couple of fun rides, there were just the regular carnival-game amusements and a couple of food shacks that's about it. I'd recommend paying the $10 to walk onto the pier and then buying individual ride tickets if you're not planning on riding anything more than once. Overall it was a nice way to kill some time, but unless you're 14 or under, I wouldn't expect to have a super spectacular time there.

Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

I can't believe that senior citizens are not even allowed to walk the pier without paying an admission fee of $10.

3  Thank dstadigh
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We did this on a Thursday evening in June and surprisingly it wasn't crowded. The lines were very short and the rides were a lot of fun. It is pricey but that is to be expected here. We spent about 3 hours there but could have easily stayed longer if we didn't have our baby with us, the roller coaster is really fun but the cyclone ride that goes in a circle scared me to death! We will def go back next summer.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Really enjoyed this attraction. Took a group of church kids who really enjoyed themselves.Lots of fun activities. Seating throughout the park for sitting and resting. We enjoyed visiting and look