“Most informative tour”
Review of Cool Tours LLC

Cool Tours LLC
More attraction details
Owner description: Cool Tours LLC no longer provides sightseeing or transportation services in the Galveston/Houston area.
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We visited Galveston for the first time. The guide explained the rich history Galveston has, took her time to explain in detail the history of each area in Galveston. This tour was the best tour out of all the other tours I have taken around the world.

All reviews
"east end"
in 7 reviews
"dolphin sightseeing"
in 2 reviews
"the cruise ship terminal"
"shuttle service"
"galveston history"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed August 5, 2013

I just don't give 5-star reviews, but I had to make an exception this time. This is going to be a rave review. My wife and I got into Galveston on Friday afternoon and decided it would be a good idea to start with the tour, to get a perspective on the Island and what we would be doing the next couple of days. Ours was the last tour of the day and my wife and I were the only people on the bus, except for Rance, who had been helping with tickets and information, and our driver, Sue. Here is a lady who was born on the Island, and who is still in love with it, its attractions, and its people. She was jolly, knowledgeable, funny, articulate, and passionate. She was willing to give her opinion when asked (about places to eat, things to do, etc.), and it was easy to tell that we were NOT being subjected to a canned speech - I hate that kind of sing-song-I've-memorized-this-and-I-can't-wait-to-get-it-over thing. But Sue and Rance were congenial and responsive, and even though I've been to Galveston at least twenty times before, my weekend began with a new and exciting understanding of what the Island is all about. Cool Tours, give this lady a raise!

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Where to begin! My family and I showed up to buy our tickets and were greeted with a smile by the ticket man (Lance?). He joked with us and was able to answer all questions. Very pleasant. My family was very large and yet Lance and Shirley (our driver) treated us each like royalty. The tour was absolutely fantastic. The first half was done by Shirley and she knows so much about Galveston that it blew us away. Lance did the second half and he was very enjoyable. We were all impressed at how well he was able to keep us entertained while still teaching so much. Thank you Cool Tours! This was the icing on the cake for our vacation.
-Carlos R.

Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Cool Tours is a great way to see the historic & Stand district in an air conditioned van. The guides were friendly and offered cold water. The pick up location is near Pleasure Pier on Seawall.