“Good but have had better.”

Bubba Gump Shrimp Co
Ranked #50 of 315 Restaurants in Galveston
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Texas
“Good but have had better.”
Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

We went to eat at this restaurant because we'd heard alot about it. We waited fir about an hour for our table. In the meantime we enjoyed walking around in the gift shop, which was probably the best part. We finally sat down to order and the prices were pretty high all the way around. Appetizers were almost the same prices as entrees. The drinks were over $8 each and to top it off our waiter was not helpful at all. We told him it was our first time there and he completely ignored us. He took our order and left never stopped by to ask if we needed refills or anything. Our food arrived and the plates were small for the price. It was good but we've had way better seafood elsewhere. Not worth the high prices at all. I would recommend this restaurant only as a one time attraction. Spend your money where the food is better.

• Visited March 2013

• Turkish first
Ninnekah, Oklahoma, United States
“our trip”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Oh my!!! Bubba Gumps was just wonderful!!! If you are wanting a good resturant thats the place. I had popcorn shrimp and it was to die for and my husband had gumbo and it was just as great!! I sure wish there was a bubba gumps closer to my home in Oklahoma!!! Go try this place!!!

Visited March 2013
Texas City, Texas
“Wasn't impressed”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I was excited to hear that we were going to have a Bubba Gump's on the Island, however, after visiting the restaurant recently, I left disappointed. The food tasted okay, but I thought the prices were high, the portions were small and the service was slow. It does have a nice view of the beach from most tables, and the quirky Bubba Gump decorations allow you to forget about the slow service for awile, there is even a small gift shop at the entrance. Doubtful I'll go back anytime soon - I can get much better food, for less at any number of Galveston restaurants.

• Visited February 2013
Terre Haute, Indiana
“Must Get the Bread Pudding with the Sauce!”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Great View of Galveston from the Restaurants upper deck. We have not been on this pier since before Hurrican Ike took it away in 2006 and we did arrive late for the amusement rides on the pier but we loved this restaurant and its view at night. I ordered the oysters, they were ok, but the bread pudding is to die for. price is affordable too.

• Visited March 2013
Houston, Texas
“Food Allergy Friendly! Summer 2012”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I thought I had reviewed Bubba Gumps after our Galveston trip last June (2012) but apparently I forgot! My 8 yr old son has life-threatening allergies to Tree Nuts and Coconut so dining out is never easy. We set out for the brand new Galveston pier and as usual, I had a meal and treats packed for my son in my bag so that he could eat safely. When we saw Bubba Gumps at the entrance to the pier, I popped in to see it wasn't crowded yet, it was very early, maybe 4pm? We got a seat on the patio and the breeze was awesome. Our trip had been kinda bad with the gross seaweed and stinky air and rental house issues, so this was very relaxing and the pier was fun.
So here's the good part-- the waiter was fantastic, he was a transplant from a different Gumps and he said much of the staff had been transferred in. They were wonderful! The waiter took down a list of all my son's allergies (there are a few others too) and then the manager came immediately to our table and she actually came two other times throughout our meal. They asked what my son wanted, were obviously well versed in food allergies and the dangers of cross-contamination,even ensuring he didn't order anyting fried, explaining that their fryer oils were rotated and the coconut shrimp contaminated oil could currently be in the frency fry fryer. I've been an allergy mom for many year now and that's someone well-trained! We had a nice, relaxing, uneventful dinner at Bubba Gumps. Everyone enjoyed their dinner and drinks and it was the highlight of our trip! I hope that helps someone.

• Visited June 2012