All reviews across the street hot breakfast sea wall beach access beds were comfortable view of the ocean pier port strand
Reviewed January 15, 2017 via mobile

Our cruise was delayed until the next day. We booked this room on the spur of the minute. We had stayed in this same building three years ago when it was a LaQuinta. I was very happy to see that there was new paint on all the walls. The lobby had been updated and more trendy. Our room had nice wood floors and all new paint. It was a big improvement from the previous owners. The staff was very friendly and even allowed us a late check out the next day since our ship still was not available. I would stay here again.

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 7, 2016 via mobile

I was very disappointed in my stay. I even checked out a day early. There was construction going on all night long and wheelbarrows going down the hallway while I attempted to sleep. The rooms were not well appointed. They put fresh towels in the room but neglected to clean the tub, sink, or mirror. There was makeup dried onto the mirror, and soap scum on the counter and tub. Breakfast was included but the area was closed, so we were told to go next door. There was a really bad storm and it was pouring out. When I got back to the hotel after my conference at noon, the lobby was flooded. That's when I decided enough was enough.

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed November 18, 2016

Stayed here one night. That was enough. Unknowingly booked a hotel that is in the middle of remodel, no mention upon arrival. Halls were taped off with plastic, the whole place smelled of new paint and musty halls. Pool and hottub drained and unusuable. As noted before the rooms are worn out and tired. The "comforters" we're barely a large beach towel. Our "view" was of their trash bins filled with old carpet. DO NOT stay here!!

Room tip: Make sure to ask if they are still remodling, if so STAY AWAY
Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank scarabrose81
Reviewed November 9, 2016

This was our first but by no means our last dealing with this property and the GM Dade. We had a group of approximately 80 people that stayed at this property. The property was under renovation, yet Dade and his crew made this a very enjoyable stay. Once this property is finished with renovations it will be a mainstay on the seawall. The rooms are very spacious and clean. The park and cruise rate is affordable.

Dade, Thank you again for all of your assistance and we look forward to seeing you next year with our group.

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed November 7, 2016

Stayed one night prior to leaving for a cruise and the place is being remodeled. I travel often and can look beyond the "dust". Starting from the drive way it was very clean and appeared recently painted. The front lobby is looking better with new paint, trim, carpet and gypsum board. The desk clerk was very efficient checking-in our group and smiled the entire time. The hallway was also in a state of remodel, but it will look great when finished. Our room, was huge!! 2 queen beds and lots of space! The bathroom was very clean and spacious. Our room had a balcony which we would have taken advantage of but we only stayed one night. The balcony needed attention, but since we weren't sleeping there it wasn't an issue. Our door also had a large gap above the floor, but the noise level was not bad. Breakfast the next morning was good. They are getting more things going everyday and our selection was good. The only place I have ever stayed where there were 2 waffle makers! They have a lot where we were able to park our vehicle for the week while on the cruise. The shuttle service was very efficient and friendly. The rooms do not face the ocean, but the building sits right across the street from the Gulf so a quick walk to the seawall will get you ocean front. The pool and hot tub area is very neat and clean. Only problem we had is the hot tub heater had quit and maintenance had not noticed so it was cold. Staff was very apologetic for the issue. Overall I would say this is a place to stay if you want to spend some time in Galveston or even if you are just staying a night before a cruise.

Room tip: Rooms on the west side have a better view of the ocean.
Date of stay: October 2016