“Would stay again but....”

La Copa Inn Galveston
Ranked #39 of 52 Hotels in Galveston
Sherwood Park, Canada
“Would stay again but....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

I've stayed here a few times and overall I've had good experiences. Staff was efficient, rooms clean, breakfast is average including biscuits and grits. The seawall is handy to everything but the beach right across the road is covered with breaker rocks for the first block or two. The last time I stayed my initial room had a displeasing smell, there was a large crack almost the length of the wall and when I spotted one cockroach in the middle of the night I asked to be moved. The young lady at the desk was unsympathetic, bordering on rude and when I challenged her lack of concern she forced a wee smile. Initially she told me there'd be nothing available till morning and when I responded that she'd just have to upgrade me she shrugged and browsed the computer agonizingly long. Finally she offered me the room right across the hall..I said NO. then she offered me the room above, I said NO. When it became clear I'd be standing there for God knows how long I took the room above and it was fine. In retrospect I often decline a room if its not up to scale and should have done so immediately. Still, there's decent value and provided you don't get the clerk or room from hell it's fair enough.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank gracecame
Patty B, General Manager at La Copa Inn Galveston, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Thanks for staying at the La Quinta,Galveston.

Thank you again for sparing your time to put a review with straight observations which will definitely help us to improve.

We are happy to hear you are and will be a repeat customer. Our apologies for the inconvenience caused by some of the issues you encountered on your most recent visit with us.

We are continuously improving our rooms, amenities and other points related to cleanliness and other points mentioned by you.

We would love to see you again at our hotel and we will definitely give you a nice experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

Great location, great staff, clean rooms, nice pool, close to everything in Galveston, spacious rooms, great breakfast, nice views I would defiantly bring my family to stay at this hotel again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank ACLSALSCL
Patty B, General Manager at La Copa Inn Galveston, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us here at LaQuinta Galveston West. It is always a pleasure to hear our guests enjoyed their stay with us. We pride ourselves in providing a pleasurable experience to all of our guests. We look forward to seeing you again!
Allen, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is no dough the worst hotel I have ever stayed in...Room was filthy, run down dirty walls. Elevator was filthy with a hole in the floor and gang logos scratched in walls. No Pool towels and the pool looked like it had not been serviced in a year. I understand why the staff was so rude, they have to work in such a bad hotel, Price was way out of range for what we got. Also was in a room across the hall from someone who had to big dogs that barked all day , NICE!

Note To the owner, Clean this place up or shut it down!

Room Tip: go to another hotel...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Fastony
Mary W, General Manager at La Copa Inn Galveston, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for staying at the La Quinta Galveston during your recent visit.

We appreciate your feedback. We apologize your experience with our location did not meet with your satisfaction. We take our guest reviews seriously and use them to improve on any issues or services that do not meet La Quinta standards.

Please reconsider and choose us for another stay, and experience the change.

Travelers are raving about these Galveston hotels

Mansfield, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Location is great! It's located in the quiter end of the seawall. Check-in/Checkout was quick and easy. Safe parking area. You can park underground or outside area. Our room was very comfty and the beds are awesome. This hotel welcomes pets, so I did see a quite few but they didn't bother me. The hotel/room are nicely updated. The only complaint I have is they need to improve in housekeeping. Mirrors were dirty and other little areas. The only con is their pool and that area is very small.
Either than that I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank azambrano
Mary W, General Manager at La Copa Inn Galveston, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing La Quinta Inn & Suites Galveston Seawall West for your recent stay in our area. I am glad that your stay was a pleasant one.

• Housekeeping received additional instruction concerning the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

I hope that the next time you visit our area; you will once again choose to stay at
La Quinta Inn & Suites Galveston Seawall West. We shall look forward to welcoming you back.
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

Absolutely awful! Woke up at 3:30 to find 2 roaches on our bed. Phone and fridge in the room did not work. This place is dirty. Checked out after one night. Staff wasn't even surprised when we mentioned the roaches. They offered to move us to a different room that was even dirtier than the first. Avoid this dirt hole!

Room Tip: Avoid room 131
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
lqgalvestonislandtx, Webmaster at La Copa Inn Galveston, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for staying at the La Quinta Galveston during your recent visit.

We appreciate your review and also take your observations seriously.

We have investigated the reservation related issue and are sorry for such an unlikely incidence.

Anyhow, we have taken strict steps and an effective check system to ensure that a similar experience never happens to anyone.

We have given additional training to the front desk staff.

We take our guest reviews in a constructive manner so as to improve our services.

Please reconsider and choose us for another stay, and experience the change.

Hotel Manager.