After reading some of the negative La Quinta West reviews on this site, I was a little hesitant to stay here, but their prices were so low that I was willing to take the risk. And I'm glad I did, because this is a great hotel.
First of all, this is practically the only hotel on the island that offers a significant military discount. We booked a room with two queen beds, on a Tuesday and Wednesday night in mid-July, for an average price of $65 per night. If that wasn't already a great deal, the clerk upgraded us to a huge KING room with a whirlpool tub. Wow! We were impressed! At that point I was so happy we didn't listen to the negative reviews.
Our room was gigantic, clean, and had the most comfortable bed in the world. The bathroom was immaculate and spacious, with a ridiculous amount of clean, fluffy towels at all times. I appreciated the high quality of the towels and bed-linens - truly luxurious, but at a discount price.
Breakfast in the lobby is quite decent. You can expect the usual hordes of people crowded around the waffle machine. The food is fresh and plentiful, and the eating area is unusually large, so at least you don't have to fight for a table.
if you want a hotel right on the beach, you might be disappointed, since you have to walk or drive down a little bit, to get to an area where you can actually swim. We had a car, so we didn't mind the small drive. The fact that this hotel is a little more remote was a plus for us - less traffic and less noise, perfect for a couples' getaway.
I agree that the way this hotel sits, you aren't going to get any spectacular ocean views. And the outdoor pool is definitely on the small side. For me, these disadvantages were outweighed by the great room and the equally great service. I'm planning to return to Galveston next month, and I'll be booking another room at La Quinta West.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Galveston, Texas is a small, romantic island tucked deep in the heart of south Texas, offering 32 miles of beautiful beaches, exciting entertainment and quality restaurants and shopping, and the new Best Western® Galveston West Beach Hotel on Galveston's Seawall Boulevard gives you easy access to it all at a price that won't break the budget. Business travelers appreciate our convenient location and quality amenities keep them productive. Businesses and universities near the hotel include Galveston College, Texas A&M at Galveston, University of Texas Medical Branch, American National Insurance, U.S. Army Corp of Engineers and the U.S. Coast Guard. We have a 24-hour business center. Whether you're enjoying a refreshing vacation or embarking from the Port of Galveston, our hotel offers a great stay at a great price. Our prime location allows you to relax and watch the ocean wave’s crash, and we are close to numerous attractions the whole family can enjoy, including Schlitterbahn® Waterpark, Stewart Beach, Galveston Island Ferry and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Best Western, Hotels.com, Booking.com, LaQuinta, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your Best Western Galveston West Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn And Suites Galveston Hotel Galveston
- La Quinta Hotel Galveston
- La Quinta Galveston
- Galveston La Quinta