New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“cruise shuttle” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Copa Inn Galveston

La Copa Inn Galveston
Ranked #38 of 52 Hotels in Galveston

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

We had a wonderful time from start to finish. Our room had a great view of the beach. The staff at the front desk . We had not taken a vacation in years. This stay was everything we hoped it would be.
Everything was excellent. The hotel was just renovated so everything was new including the flooring. There are many hotels to choose from but we like this one because of its price and value.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

If you don't mind staying in a non secure building, toilet wasn't secured to the floor, rust in sink and tub, and sprinklers. Paint peeling from walls. Just don't think they invest in the building. Staff was great. Location was good. But I wouldn't stay there again. Nope not going to happen.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

lqgalvestonislandtx, Webmaster at La Copa Inn Galveston, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at La Quinta Inn & Suites Galveston Seawall West during your recent visit to our area.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. Very glad to hear that you were pleased with our location.

Housekeeping staff have checked and ensured the highest degree of cleanliness of the rooms. They have been instructed to ensure the rooms are in hygiene condition before checking in a new guest to the room.

Staff received our commendation for the courteous, helpful manner in which they treated you, our valued guest.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at La Quinta Inn & Suites Galveston Seawall West. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.

Travelers are raving about these Galveston hotels

Bossier City, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

My wife and I had a very restful night after a long trip. A special thanks to Althea at the front desk for finding us a room and allowing us to check in very early. We had traveled all night and just reached Galveston only 2 hours before my wife's brother died. We were worn out! The king room was spacious and well furnished and the bed had a wonderful mattress on it! (maybe the best motel bed I have slept on)! Our little Schnauzer buddy (Hobbs) came along with us (as always) and he also had a great stay at no extra cost! Thanks La Quinta! He really enjoy going across the street and walking along the seawall! The breakfast was very good (my favorite Belgian waffles) but could have been some better with bacon, sausage and scrambled eggs. Thanks for another great stay at La Quinta!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Upon checking in, we walked in the bathroom to find hair and a lack of towels. Our balcony door did not open and I told the desk clerk about it. We came back five hours later to find out nothing was done about that. I called the desk again they said first thing in the morning maintenance would fix it, which no one showed. I addressed the issue of the fire code being violated with the management and they did not seem too concerned. This went on for three days and never got fixed. I was on the third floor and throughout my stay it was never vacuumed once. The air conditioner was turned off in the hallway and it was 80 degrees. I had to go to turn it on myself. The elevator inspection sticker was out of date. There were tanning products left under the bed from the previous tenant. Overall, this was the worst hotel I've ever stayed at in my life. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone. On a positive note the lady that was running the continental breakfast gave excellent service and had a smile on her face.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank chinook773
lqgalvestonislandtx, Webmaster at La Copa Inn Galveston, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing La Quinta Inn & Suites Galveston Seawall West for your recent stay in our area

Thank you for giving us a review, it is very much appreciated.

The entire issue related to the cleanliness and other hygiene related problem in the room has been investigated. Appropriate steps have been taken and this will never happen again.

Front office staff has received extra training as to their responsibility to ensure that all guest requests are handled in the best possible manner and also to maintain an enduring hospitality.

Catering lady received our commendation for the excellent service, helpful manner in which she served you, our valued guest .

I hope that the next time you visit our area; you will once again choose to stay at La Quinta Inn & Suites Galveston Seawall West. I think you will be greatly pleased.

South Florida, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I really should have listened to all the bad reviews about this place. I usually love staying at La Quinta's, but this place is far from nice. It has the feel of a Motel 6, with better furniture. My husband walked around our room and the bottom of his feet turned black from the dirt mixed in the carpet. The towels are thin and small. Our bathroom area looked as if a teenager had cleaned it who was being made to do it... you know, quick, sloppy work... dust and grime on the base boards, soap remnants in the soap holder... I can't wait to get home so I can feel clean again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank vacationer04
Dear Guest,

Thanks for choosing the La Quinta Inn & Suites Galveston Seawall West during your last visit to our area.

We appreciate the review and we take it quite seriously- for improvement.

I am sorry we were not able to deliver a great experience to you, we will be utilizing your feedback to help us improve!

Housekeeping staff have checked and ensured the highest degree of cleanliness of the rooms and amenities. They have been instructed to ensure the best hygiene and all amenities before checking in a new guest to the room.

I hope that the next time you visit our area; you will once again choose to stay at La Quinta Inn & Suites Galveston Seawall West . I think you will be greatly pleased.