My husband and I stayed at a LaQuinta the night before our arrival to Galveston in Houston. The Houston LaQuinta was great, the staff was so nice and our room was very clean! My husband and I arrived at the Galveston LaQuinta the next day and was immediately not impressed. I went in, despite my hesitation. The lady at the front desk was not friendly, I did not get the warm friendly greeting like I had received in Houston. I gave her my information and she checked on my reservation. While checking the availability of the room I booked, a woman and her husband came down with their bags and room key in hand. The woman looked very upset, and informed the front desk staff that there were people and a dog in the room she was just given a key to. Housekeeping was at the desk and showed proof she cleaned the room earlier. No one at the front desk knew who was in the room or how they got a key. Very unorganized. The lady who was helping me disappeared in the middle of checking me in, left my credit card and drivers license on the desk for all to see. She said she was going to check on the availablity of my room, she was gone for 20 minutes. In the time she was gone the other lady at the front desk continued to check guests in, at least 3 to be exact. Why was their room ready? I had arrived before them and somehow my room wasn't ready? I have stayed at many LaQuinta's all around Texas, I have never been to one so unorganized and so unfriendly. Needless to say, we did not stay. In the time it took the other lady to check 3 people in we booked a room at a much nicer and friendlier hotel. Note, the lady who was checking me in did not come back, the other lady somehow had time to come over and cancel my reservation. I will not stay at this LaQuinta, nor will I recommend it to anyone else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Galveston, Texas is a small, romantic island tucked deep in the heart of south Texas, offering 32 miles of beautiful beaches, exciting entertainment and quality restaurants and shopping, and the new Best Western® Galveston West Beach Hotel on Galveston's Seawall Boulevard gives you easy access to it all at a price that won't break the budget. Business travelers appreciate our convenient location and quality amenities keep them productive. Businesses and universities near the hotel include Galveston College, Texas A&M at Galveston, University of Texas Medical Branch, American National Insurance, U.S. Army Corp of Engineers and the U.S. Coast Guard. We have a 24-hour business center. Whether you're enjoying a refreshing vacation or embarking from the Port of Galveston, our hotel offers a great stay at a great price. Our prime location allows you to relax and watch the ocean wave’s crash, and we are close to numerous attractions the whole family can enjoy, including Schlitterbahn® Waterpark, Stewart Beach, Galveston Island Ferry and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, LaQuinta, Travelocity, Best Western, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Hotwire and Agoda so you can book your Best Western Galveston West Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn And Suites Galveston Hotel Galveston
- La Quinta Hotel Galveston
- La Quinta Galveston
- Galveston La Quinta