Best Western Galveston West Beach Hotel
Comfort Inn & Suites Beachfront(Galveston)(Great Value!)
$199
ComfortInn
Quality Inn & Suites Beachfront(Galveston)(Great Value!)
$240
QualityInn
$155
$229
$206
Harbor House Hotel & Marina at Pier 21(Galveston)(Great Value!)
$152
  • Beachfront
$249
$161
  • Restaurant
Hilton Galveston Island Resort(Galveston)(Great Value!)
$256
The San Luis Resort(Galveston)
$289
Orbitz.com
All reviewsacross the streethot breakfastsea wallbeds were comfortableview of the oceanpierportstrand
Reviewed December 23, 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Really appreciated the accommodating reception desk atttendant who checked us in. Underground parking was a plus. Good value for the money. Very close to a Walmart if you need to purchase snacks.
Be aware that noisy remodeling is going on during the day. Balconies overlook the parking area, not the Gulf.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed December 12, 2012

We spent one night before a cruise and the staff was great, motel old but very clean, a great location, just a cross the road from the beach, walking distance to many grood resturants, had a very nice breakfast selections, if you dont want there food, there is a Dennys next door, this is not the Hilton, but for the money we would stay again, front desk lady has been there 20 years and enjoys her job, only 5 minutes from port.

Room Tip: stairs room are better because cars pull up close to the doors on the first.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank bearcats37
Reviewed December 3, 2012

We stayed here during the December Dicken's Festival. The hotel was booked solid. We checked in around 4 pm, after being told to come back in a couple of hours. Although I am an Elite member, I was not offered a bottle of water or a cookie, upon check-in as described in the member's perks. There were three people at the front desk, but only one person was assisting the line that had formed to check-in.

We had a double room and one bed had sheets that were torn. This was noticeable even while the bed was made, as the sheets were cuffed back, revealing the tears. Sitting on the balcony to enjoy the evening breeze, we were able to look at a full dumpster. Also, we noticed that the railing was not properly attached to the concrete, balcony floor, and instead had footers that were suspended in mid-air that could easily injure a child or anyone who is barefoot. I went to take a bath about midnight and that's when I discovered there were spots tinged with red, that appeared to be somewhat bloody stains, in the tub and the tub also had hair in it.

I attempted to call the front desk; when no one answered, I went downstairs to tell them about the room, hoping to get a discount, since it was so late and my companion and I didn't feel like waiting for housekeeping and we didn't wish to pack up and move. The guy at the front desk said he would solve the problem and started looking through some index cards. I inquired if he was going to send housekeeping and he said none were on staff at that time, only he was on duty. He assured me I'd love his idea. I asked if he was moving us and he said he was sending us to a room we'd love. I mentioned that we preferred a discount and why, and that I would do without a bath, if given a discount. He still gave me a key to another room and sent me off to move at 12:30 am. My companion was asleep when I returned and had to be awakened to switch rooms! So, two of us, plus a dog had to schlepp to another room only to discover that we were given massive accomodations that we certainly didn't need-- two queen beds and a king. Okay, so it was an upgrade, but the tub here also was heavy with hair and this room had no waste baskets.

Some sort of repair work was being done as the hallway had a lot of dusty sheetrock footprints and the room adjacent to the elevator was left with open door revealing a mess. The front desk confirmed this stating that my original room was just put back into corculation and apparently hadn't been cleaned up from the bathroom tile repair and that the blood and hair were not from a guest, but instead from a workman. (Well, that makes it all better doesn't it?)

Additionally, we were told that there was no way to print anything from a computer at this hotel, even though they have a business center. The front desk was unable to connect a printer to their system to print anything, even if we e-mailed the page to print to the hotel.

It's a shame our stay was unsatisfactory since the location is ideally located for our future trips. It's near a fishing pier, miniature golf, and a restaurant that's on the Gulf.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Yippie-Yi-O
lqgalvestonislandtx, Webmaster at Best Western Galveston West Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thanks for choosing the La Quinta during your last visit to our area.

We appreciate the review and we take it quite seriously- for improvement.

At the outset, our apologies for the bad experience you had howsoever.

We are also investigating all the points mentioned in your review and addressing them so that it is never repeated.

We also have given special training and instructions to the hotel staff to check all the rooms prior to checking in a new guest.

We assure you and request you to consider staying with us in future and have a new satisfactory experience.

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

We have stayed here twice(it's one on the only pet freindly hotels on the Island) & loved it both times!
We took our chiuahua & she loves the beach!
It,s a little drive to get to most of the attractions but it very quiet!
There's good service & a good cont. breakfast!

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony & view!
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business