“Never Stay Here”

Motel 6 Galveston - Seawall
Ranked #46 of 51 Hotels in Galveston
“Never Stay Here”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

We stayed here in May 2014. The place is run down and disgusting. No smoke alarm in the room(it was behind the tv) Tv didn't work. The beds were nasty and I found a flea on me. No lock on the door. Charge $5 CASH for a key card. It smelled really bad. They had what looked like a laundry facility located outside by the stairs. Washer & Dryer was all rusted and looked dangerous. It advertises a pool however upon arrival you could see there hasn't been water in that pool in probably 3 years. The only good thing is 2 blocks from the seawall which is good because you don't want to spend any amount of time in this hotel!! I was scared to even go inside the lobby to see if there was anything for breakfast. We checked out first thing in the morning and left. This hotel is easily confused with the corporate chain of America's Best Value Inn & Suites. I called their corporate office to complain and was told this hotel has not been part of the chain in 2 years because they were thrown off. DISGUSTING!!

Room Tip: "Don't book here"
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank cowgirl445

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Towanda,KS
Reviewed June 5, 2014

The only plus about this hotel is the location. It is close to the Historic Pier 61 . If you were wanting to fish and then just have a place to sleep and shower that was cheap this is for you. I would say it is slightly better than sleeping in a hunting lodge. The blankets had stains on them . The floor was dirty. Our room was behind the hotel which made it great for walking to the pier but it was also directly behind a cemetery. Creepy! The room was not sound proof at all and we had a hard time sleeping because of the loud seagulls that sounded like they were taking up residence right outside our door. It is at the bottom of a large hilly driveway and I'm sure it was the first to flood during the hurricane . The weird thing is , I don't think they replaced anything. I think they just cleaned it off. Which was probably the last time any of the rooms had seen a through cleaning ! We booked through booking.com and after the first night we decided to just spend the money and get a nicer hotel. I was lucky enough to get two rooms at the Quality Inn (which seemed like Buckingham Palace after staying here) but when I went to check out the clerk told me I had to cancel through booking.com. I called them from the office and they said that the owner had to agree to let us leave early without charging us. This was news to me! I will definitely be more careful when booking with them next time. The owner wasn't happy but he did let us check out. I know it was only ranked a 5 on Trip Advisor but I thought for the price it would be fine . The web sight makes it look much better than what it actually is. The pool is tiny and was closed while we were there and breakfast is just a small packaged muffin and Tang. If this is all you can afford in Galveston, I would say do it but if you can spend more, this is definitely a case of " you get what you pay for!"

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Michelle H
Carrollton, Texas
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Where can I start?
Called 888-315-2378 (Reservations) and was told the address to hotel.They told me it was 6302 Seawall Blvd. We arrive and try to check in and the front desk clerk tells us we are in the wrong hotel. Find out there is another hotel in the back of this one with almost the same name minus the "Americas". We ended up at Best Value Inn and Suites on Central City Blvd.
We walked in the lobby and already had regrets by the smells.
Checked into room after nearly having to kick the door in. Again bad smells.
The room defintely needed a cleaning crew. Bathroom was filthy,Every wall had some kind of stain on it. Shower curtain was dirty.
Carpet had not been cleaned behind the night stand .All the outlets were dirty.
Beds were also dirty. I could go on but I wanted to express some concerns of why I will not to do business at this place during future trips.
As a fair warning, Check the name and address for these 2 hotels that are back to back.
To make it easy
Best Value Inn and Suites Central City Blvd= Poor
Americas Best Value Inn Seawall Blvd.= Good (Fairly new)

Room Tip: No recommendations
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank oscar l
Canyon Lake, Texas
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Black mold in tub/shower. Un-laundered stains on sheets, along with hair. Pillows smelled like oily skin. Carpet was filthy, walls had what appeared to be blood stained finger prints (smeared). We arrived at 1:30am, only needed to stay until our cruise ship let in the morning. Their breakfast consisted of 2 different cellophane wrapped donuts and coffee. No milk or juices or cereal. I will NEVER stay there again. There's also a $5.00 cash deposit on the key card. Nasty place! Don't let the front to this run down place fool you!!!!

Room Tip: Rooms are filthy
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Denisemf57
Reviewed August 19, 2013

The Guy at the front desk was very rude and charged my credit card without permission $100 more then he was suppose to and then while I'm trying to talk to him he tells me to shut up and then we get to the room and our bathroom has black mole in it and we was scared to get showers there so we booked a room elsewhere. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone!!!!

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Kimberly1209
Afton, Oklahoma
Reviewed August 12, 2013

265.00 Dollars for a dirty bathtub the internet suck!! the tolit back up the light did not work in the bathroom,it smell funny, the TV suck wish i had check the internet before i book.please don't go there Nasty.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Rebecca M
Reviewed August 4, 2013

This is the nastiest hotel I have been in, why is it still open ? The roaches creeped me out crawling on wall, couldn't even sleep , no cable tv,only had five channels, rusty doors,nasty blankets .etc.GROSS

• Stayed August 2013