We were in Galveston on a weekend in April 2013. We had to find a new hotel for Saturday night and after hours of calling around (everything was sold out) our last resort was this hotel. We got there , me and 3 guys... And we were immediately disgusted by not only the appearance but the smell. We all looked around and decided to just tough it out as we didn't have another option. The beds were almost in the floor, carpet stained horrible, bathroom was filthy, bed comforter looked nasty, there was mold in the bathroom ceiling, looked like poop and hand prints all over the wall. I went to get in the shower and I wore my friends flip flops and luckily I had my own beach towel. The towels were nasty, stained and had holes in them. No way in hell I was using one. A friend of mine rinsed off in the nasty dirty shower and used a tshirt to dry off. It was just ridiculous. We left to meet friends for a late lunch And we were telling them how horrible it was a friend of ours got on his phone and called the motel. He convinced him to refund our money and vacate. That was around 3pm and we had to vacate by 4 pm to get a refund. Our friends followed us and when we got there we started packing up our stuff and the manager/ owner followed my friend to the room and watched us as we left the room. As if we were going to steal something from this nasty place. He was incredibly rude and cocky. I asked him if he owned this place and he said yes... I told him If I were him I would be embarrassed to rent a room to anyone here. He then proceeded to tell us he charges $350/night in the summer. I told him he was smoking f'ing crack and he was a thief. Whatever you do..... DO NOT STAY HERE!!! Put these damn people out of business. They are liars, thiefs, nasty, horrible people. Oh and the kicked for all of it was that our room cost $120 for the NIGHT!!!!!! Our friends had a hook up at the holiday inn resort for $79.99.... Total nightmare and avoid at all costs!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Motel 6 in Galveston, TX is located one block from the beautiful beaches on the Gulf of Mexico. We offer free parking for Cruise Line customers while you are on your cruise. The Crystal and Stewart Beach allow for tons of family fun. Our hotel offers 50 superior guest rooms and added guest amenities, like free high speed Internet access, for extra quality and convenience. Our two-story stucco building has an outdoor pool and outdoor corridors, which allows for at-door parking. We also have a Chinese restaurant in the same parking lot where you can cure your hungry appetite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your Motel 6 Galveston - Seawall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Americas Best Value Inn And Suites
- Americas Best Value Hotel Galveston