A creepy and most inconvenient 3 nights: key card had to be "re-swiped" three times. Housekeeping left visible dirt and trash in the bathroom. Poor baseboard carpentry left holes and globs of caulking.Someone appeared to be "camping out" next door, with a barbecue and boom box on display outside the door. Broken beer bottles near customers' parked cars.TV gets only 4 channels, two of them poorly.
I would be less inclined to complain if the rate was $49 for all three nights, as it was on Sunday. But at $89 and $99 on Friday and Saturday, one expects more. It felt like a low class place. My brother in-law recommended 10 people to this place. I'll make sure he does not recommend any more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Motel 6 in Galveston, TX is located one block from the beautiful beaches on the Gulf of Mexico. We offer free parking for Cruise Line customers while you are on your cruise. The Crystal and Stewart Beach allow for tons of family fun. Our hotel offers 50 superior guest rooms and added guest amenities, like free high speed Internet access, for extra quality and convenience. Our two-story stucco building has an outdoor pool and outdoor corridors, which allows for at-door parking. We also have a Chinese restaurant in the same parking lot where you can cure your hungry appetite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Motel 6 Galveston - Seawall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Americas Best Value Hotel Galveston
- Americas Best Value Inn And Suites