“Best kept secret!!!”

Rivera's Mex
Ranked #155 of 325 Restaurants in Galveston
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed March 4, 2018 via mobile

The food is delicious, the portions are huge and you can’t beat the prices. The restraint is a little gem in the Galveston community, you won’t regret visiting!

Reviewed December 4, 2017

Not what we expected looking at the above average reviews. The tostada on my dish indicated beef tostada. I don't know what kind of "meat" it was, gave the appearance of cat food. Tacos came with fajita beef rather than ground beef which would have been okay had I been able to chew it. My husband had the flautas which were "okay". Rice and beans had no taste. I'll keep searching for a decent Mexican restaurant in Galveston. Haven't found it yet.

Reviewed October 24, 2017

We have eaten a lot of Mexican and 9 out of 10 times its the same old stuff. This place shined for us. The service was great and the food was delivered quickly. I wish this place was in my home town I would eat there on a regular basis.

Reviewed October 3, 2016 via mobile

Melt in your mouth tamales. No seriously- you have to try them. The beans, rice and veggies were excellent but I could eat those tamales forever. FOREVER. Spiced well, perfect consistency, the gravy was totally yummy and of course topped with cheese. Hubs had Riveras Salad and has not stopped raving about it yet. We were stealing from each other's plates. It was awesome.

Reviewed September 1, 2016 via mobile

Came here by myself looking for some casual Mexican food. This was recommended to me by my hotel (Towneplace suites). I got the fish tacos and fried plantains, total $17. See picture. They have a pretty large menu. Very good! Definitely get the fried plantains!!