“Seafood With A Sea View”
Review of Gaido's

Gaido's
Reserve with OpenTable
Gaido's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 324 Restaurants in Galveston
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 39th Street
Description: The toast of the Texas coast. How can frozen fish be called fresh? The answer for anyone with snap is simple: it can’t. That’s why Gaido’s is the classic choice for fresh Gulf seafood. Patrons know Gaido’s is real, when others are clearly not. From red snapper and blue crab to white tablecloths crumbed with panache, there’s no denying Gaido’s is one-of-a-kind in a world of imitation. Now, after four generations of filleting, frying, grilling and baking, Gaido’s has grown into the picture perfect place of traditions– birthdays, anniversaries, retirements, reunions. As the largest fresh fish house on the coast, Gaido’s can serve up to 2,500 happy diners a day. -– for over 100 years – is truly the coastal classic.
Reviewed 1 week ago

Gaido's has shown me and many other travelers why it's legendary. They've been around since 1911, and they're still going strong in 2018. I had plenty of reason to stop in for some great seafood while taking in a beach view. To go perfectly alongside a glass of merlot was some wonderfully-broiled Gulf shrimp on top of rice, with some grilled squash, bell pepper, and zucchini. The asparagus side was a good choice to go with it. Iced tea, however, was a bit bland. The bread added a nice touch with the olive oil and the garlic-seasoned chopped parsley. My only real gripe was, I would have loved to have had a few more pieces of shrimp (You only get about ten with a regular shrimp dinner).

Come check out their shrimp and their other seafood selections (some of which I've had before in previous visits and are tasty). Their fried seafood is also very wonderful. If you get a chance, then try the potatoes au gratin. Magnificent! And be sure you get a good window beach view while you're there.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,306)

Reviewed 1 week ago

We always eat here when we travel to Galveston. The bread is homemade & served with olive oil & seasonings-heavenly! I had the lump crab in butter & my husband had the catfish. Generous portions & delicious food. The atmosphere is wonderful looking out onto the seawall.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I visited Galveston, TX for the 1st time as I was departing on a 7 day cruise. I was suggested to try Gaido's due to my enjoyment of seafood. I truly enjoyed the food. The swordfish and crab was fresh and good. The pasta was soft and enjoyable. Our server, Elana, was very courteous and detailed in what was offered. She had a wonderful personality making us feel very welcome. The cocktails were tasty for an average price. They had a nice selection of appetizers, salads and entrees but need more vegetarian/vegan options. I suggest coming here for family, friends or even special occasions. Try the creme brulee for a dessert. ENJOY!!

Brandon R, General Manager at Gaido's, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Getupradio,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us! We are pleased to hear that you listened to your friends suggestion of giving Gaido's a try! We have been in business for over 107 years and it is because of guests like you that share these wonderful memories with everyone. We truly thank you! We will be sure to pass these kind words on to Elena as well. She is certainly an asset to our business. Have fun on your cruise and we look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I stayed overnight in Galveston before our honeymoon cruise. I hadn’t been to Gaidos since 1988 so ....I wasn’t sure it would still be as good as remembered.

In short- it was even better! Our server Justin was excellent and very knowledgeable regarding the menu. The courses came out well timed and were delicious. I had the Snapper Michael and husband had the grilled combo plate.

Don’t forget to stop by the gift shop if you like sparkles- they have some of the nicest faux jewelry I’ve seen.

Enjoy!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We came to Galveston mainly to eat here. Have been doing this for many years. Food is spectacular, service above the mark and atmosphere great.