“One of our Favorites!”
Review of Gaido's

Gaido's
Reserve with OpenTable
Gaido's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 328 Restaurants in Galveston
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 39th Street
Description: The toast of the Texas coast. How can frozen fish be called fresh? The answer for anyone with snap is simple: it can’t. That’s why Gaido’s is the classic choice for fresh Gulf seafood. Patrons know Gaido’s is real, when others are clearly not. From red snapper and blue crab to white tablecloths crumbed with panache, there’s no denying Gaido’s is one-of-a-kind in a world of imitation. Now, after four generations of filleting, frying, grilling and baking, Gaido’s has grown into the picture perfect place of traditions– birthdays, anniversaries, retirements, reunions. As the largest fresh fish house on the coast, Gaido’s can serve up to 2,500 happy diners a day. -– for over 100 years – is truly the coastal classic.
Reviewed September 10, 2018

We always eat here when we travel to Galveston. The bread is homemade & served with olive oil & seasonings-heavenly! I had the lump crab in butter & my husband had the catfish. Generous portions & delicious food. The atmosphere is wonderful looking out onto the seawall.

Date of visit: September 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (3,381)

Reviewed September 8, 2018 via mobile

I visited Galveston, TX for the 1st time as I was departing on a 7 day cruise. I was suggested to try Gaido's due to my enjoyment of seafood. I truly enjoyed the food. The swordfish and crab was fresh and good. The pasta was soft and enjoyable. Our server, Elana, was very courteous and detailed in what was offered. She had a wonderful personality making us feel very welcome. The cocktails were tasty for an average price. They had a nice selection of appetizers, salads and entrees but need more vegetarian/vegan options. I suggest coming here for family, friends or even special occasions. Try the creme brulee for a dessert. ENJOY!!

Date of visit: September 2018
Brandon R, General Manager at Gaido's, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2018

Getupradio,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us! We are pleased to hear that you listened to your friends suggestion of giving Gaido's a try! We have been in business for over 107 years and it is because of guests like you that share these wonderful memories with everyone. We truly thank you! We will be sure to pass these kind words on to Elena as well. She is certainly an asset to our business. Have fun on your cruise and we look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed September 8, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed overnight in Galveston before our honeymoon cruise. I hadn’t been to Gaidos since 1988 so ....I wasn’t sure it would still be as good as remembered.

In short- it was even better! Our server Justin was excellent and very knowledgeable regarding the menu. The courses came out well timed and were delicious. I had the Snapper Michael and husband had the grilled combo plate.

Don’t forget to stop by the gift shop if you like sparkles- they have some of the nicest faux jewelry I’ve seen.

Enjoy!

Reviewed September 8, 2018

We came to Galveston mainly to eat here. Have been doing this for many years. Food is spectacular, service above the mark and atmosphere great.

Reviewed September 7, 2018 via mobile

My family and I had rented a condo right by this restraunt and everytime we drove by it, it smelled delicious so my husband and I were convinced that we absolutely had to eat there before we left for back home. So sure enough our last day there we stopped in to eat my. Our 11 month old son was with us on a rampage because he had missed his nap time lol! He wanted to walk around and be curious. One waitress even played a little hide and seek with him while we waited! Even when we was very unhappy and crying they all did their best to cheer him up and give us time! Sally was our waitress and she was super sweet and patient with us! Checked in on us frequently. The whole staffed treated us like family! Like they genuinely cared about us and our boy! They gave him stickers and toys to play with. We exchanged stories and laughs. The food was pricey but you get what you pay for! It was delicious and worth the money! I will pay whatever the cost to get customer service the way Gaido’s treats you. Not like customer but like family members! Even the person cleaning the windows walked us to our car and complimented our son! We will defiantly be coming back next time we make a trip down here! Thank you to the Gaido’s staff for taking SUCH good care of us! Until next time!

3  Thank jmillie15