“Dont bring your cabana”
Review of Stewart Beach

Stewart Beach
Ranked #23 of 105 things to do in Galveston
More attraction details
Owner description: Families are the focus at this popular, amenities-rich beach park, where volleyball, sandcastle competitions, concerts and other family-oriented activities are the norm all summer long.
Reviewed August 19, 2013

The ocean was full of seaweed, kids hated it. And we were told to either take our cabana down or we would be escorted off of the beach. They kept calling it a tent and I argued that it wasn't. We were not allowed to have our $8 parking back. Altogether a VERY bad experience.

4  Thank VSPFUN

Reviewed August 19, 2013

This place just will never get better !! People don't waste your time .
Spend your money where they will appreciate your business !!

3  Thank Oblw
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I like the convenience of this beach - easy to get to, convenient parking ($8), bathroom facilities, indoor and outdoor showers, snack bar, and gift shop. I like that there is a lifeguard on duty and the chair and umbrella rentals, although a bit pricy at $30, do make for an easy day at the beach. The snow cone vendor walking up and down the beach is nice too. The restrooms aren't the cleanest, but there are quite a few people using them and they are far better than port a potties. I do wish that people wouldn't leave their trash on the beach or that it would be picked up a little better. It was mostly small items like bottle tops and cigarette butts, but it's still irritating.

1  Thank Michelle W
Reviewed August 12, 2013

My family and I had a blast. Beach was clean and was not crowded. We chose to go to the side that we could drive our personal vehicle on so the experience was more like a visit to Crystal Beach with out all the alcohol and rowdyness. This made it even more enjoyable for my little kids. I would go back again in the future!!!

3  Thank RAThomas82
Reviewed August 8, 2013

It's the place families go. Everyone seems to know about Stewart Beach so if you don't like people or crowds...don't come here. Here's a typical visit...pay $8 to park, unload your stuff, pay $30 for a beach umbrella and 2 chairs (or bring your own umbrella/shelter and be behind 2 rows of umbrellas as far as the eye can see) play in the water. This isn't the place to find shells if that's what you are looking for. There are bathrooms with showers, volleyball nets, a souvenir shop, a covered area with picnic tables and a little playground for the kids. There is also a snack bar there but I've never seen it open. So all in all, we always have a good time visiting Stewart Beach but we don't expect the Caribbean when we visit Galveston.

1  Thank Dawn C