We stayed here for three nights last week. Price was excellent for the location and amenities. As expected in proximity to Schlitterbahn and Moody Gardens, this is very much a family motel, with kids everywhere. Not a romantic hotel in any aspect. We were placed in the " new building," which was a less than one year old building with three floors and really convenient covered parking underneath. This was particularly welcome in protecting our cars and contents from the sun and heat of the Texas coast. Our room had a wonderful "tank top" view, surveying a huge water tank next door. The other side overlooks the local airport, which seems heavily used by helicopters (e.g., desirable for families with young boys). Limited access to the entire building required use of room keycards, which is reassuring. The rooms were oversized compared with most motel chains, completely clean, with small fridges, microwaves, coffee makers, and a small table with chairs for dining in. Staff were incredibly friendly, helpful, and a delightful change from typical motel staff. Continental breakfast was more than adequate, all you can eat, with yogurt, several dry cereal choices, bagels with cream cheese, fresh fruit, sweet rolls (very avoidable), choice of whole, skim and lowfat milk, choice of orange, apple, cranberry apple juices, coffee, tea. Really nice miniature golf course in front of hotel is free of charge and unlimited to guests. Did not go to the pool, being as how we went to Galveston for the beach?
Very convenient to west Galveston Island locations, including the state park. Walking distance (one block) from Schiltterbahn, and a two minute drive or <1 mile walk from Moody Gardens. Location was actually closer to Schlitterbahn than many of its own parking spaces. Drive <1 mile the other direction on 81st Street and you are at Seawall boulevard, away from the crowded beaches closer into town. Recommend going to the west end of the seawall a few blocks west of 81st Street, where there is a huge parikng lot, barely any cars, and access to a natural beachline that is not affected by the seawall. Not terribly convenient if you are interested in the downtown historic district.
The downside of all this was that the builder of the "new building" apparently completely forgot about soundproofing between floors. Although we could barely hear anything next door, we could hear individual drops from the shower upstairs as they hit the floor. For the last two nights, we were convinced we had the Ringling Brothers circus upstairs, with what sounded like a dozen young teenage boys chasing each other around for two hours between 10:00 pm and midnight. Their conversations were easily heard, though not quite clear enough to make out what they were saying. A white noise generator and really good foam earplugs were able to block most of the racket, but the vibrating walls were difficult to ignore. We called the manager the first night, which led to no appreciable improvement until they suddenly seemed to all fall asleep at the same time. We decided we should blame whoever was supposedly parenting or chaperoning this mob as much as the builder of the building.
Had we not had the elephant races upstairs, we would have had essentially no complaints. Highly recommend this hotel, which deserved all 5's had it not been for the sound proofing. Bring a white noise maker, good foam earplugs and/or your sedative of choice, and hope you have more considerate upstairs neighbors, and you will have a great time.
From what the front desk staff told us at checkout, the old, original building is far better soundproofed. Not sure how nice they were otherwise, however, and their parking area was outside in the open, like a typical motel. You choose which is more important.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- GALVESTON ISLAND ESCAPE FULL OF FAMILY FUN.The ideal choice for hotels near Schlitterbahn - Galveston.Could there be a better Galveston Texas hotel for family fun? Because it is located right next to Schlitterbahn Waterpark and Adjacent to Moody Gardens, the Inn at the Waterpark is among the best hotels in Galveston Texas for families.The Inn at the Waterpark is one of the more casual, carefree, laid-back and relaxing Gslveston Island hotels with a Family Friendly rates. Economy goes hand-in-hand with our Galveston hotel's comfort and convenience. You will find our front desk offers tickets for Moody Gardens and Schlitterbahn Waterpark.The fact that the Inn at the Waterpark is near Schlitterbahn Galveston and so near Moody Gardens is just the start. Other nearby attractions will keep the family busy for a week of vacation, or a weekend getaway. There's the fabulous Moody Gardens Golf Course, billed as the premier public course in Texas. You'll love the Lone Star Flight Museum right across from Schlitterbahn Waterpark, not to mention the 32 miles of sandy beaches of Galveston Island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Inn at the Waterpark reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn At The Waterpark Hotel Galveston
- Hotel At The Waterpark
- Waterpark Galveston
- Waterpark Hotel
- At The Waterpark Galveston
- Inn At The Waterpark Galveston
- Inn Waterpark Galveston Tx