Our view overlooked a huge ugly water tank, but the building we stayed in was overall decent - it seemed newer. We booked through Hotwire.com and have had good and bad experiences in doing so. i.e. A lower class hotel can be given a higher rating if the furniture in the building is in the higher category and in turn given a 4 star rather than 2 star, etc. We stayed in a place that the manager told us as to why the hotel was rated higher!
Positives: This place is by no means a 5 star, but, the A/C was great, the room was ok and the shower was nice. The beds were on the "ok" level - no pillow top! The elevator worked well also. The continental breakfast was fine except for the overcrowding in such a small area (cereal variety, pancakes, pastries, bagels/cream cheese, fruit, yogurt, milk, coffee, juices). Covered parking was available outside of the bottom floor of this building which was nice.
Not so positive: The appearance of the hotel upon entering was not the best due to a large statue lying on the ground in disrepair and paint needed on the exterior in some places. Some weeding within the landscape was needed too (no big deal though). The flat screen in the room was on the glitch. It would come in and out as if there were a poor connection. Room service came to check it promptly, rebooted the cable box and it seemed to have taken care of the problem, but the problem returned. There was no bathtub, only a shower. The doors to the parking area were not working well during the last couple of days that we were there. We would swipe our entry card and they would not open. There were two sets of doors so we dealt with this problem ok.
This place was very convenient to the water park and Moody Gardens, but further away from the busy tourist areas that were closer to the sea wall/pleasure pier/Strand. I can't say we would stay here again, but, if it were the only place available, we would. No major gripes, this place was just a place to sleep, get a good shower and go.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- GALVESTON ISLAND ESCAPE FULL OF FAMILY FUN.The ideal choice for hotels near Schlitterbahn - Galveston.Could there be a better Galveston Texas hotel for family fun? Because it is located right next to Schlitterbahn Waterpark and Adjacent to Moody Gardens, the Inn at the Waterpark is among the best hotels in Galveston Texas for families.The Inn at the Waterpark is one of the more casual, carefree, laid-back and relaxing Gslveston Island hotels with a Family Friendly rates. Economy goes hand-in-hand with our Galveston hotel's comfort and convenience. You will find our front desk offers tickets for Moody Gardens and Schlitterbahn Waterpark.The fact that the Inn at the Waterpark is near Schlitterbahn Galveston and so near Moody Gardens is just the start. Other nearby attractions will keep the family busy for a week of vacation, or a weekend getaway. There's the fabulous Moody Gardens Golf Course, billed as the premier public course in Texas. You'll love the Lone Star Flight Museum right across from Schlitterbahn Waterpark, not to mention the 32 miles of sandy beaches of Galveston Island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelClick, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Inn at the Waterpark reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn At The Waterpark Hotel Galveston
- Hotel At The Waterpark
- Waterpark Galveston
- Waterpark Hotel
- At The Waterpark Galveston
- Inn At The Waterpark Galveston
- Inn Waterpark Galveston Tx