I'll admit. I'm picky. But this place is in need of the "Hotel Impossible" guy. To clarify, it is an inn, not a hotel.
I'll start with the bad:
The lobby is a cluttered hodge-podge of old furniture and loud carpet. The front desk is sometimes manned and other times there's no one to be found.
The room- When I arrived at our room, there was a big spit wad in front of the door. The door itself was beat up. The room was large, and it was okay, but not as clean as I would like. The beds had a sheet on the mattress, but nothing covering the boxspring. The bathroom did not look dirty, but it didn't look clean either. I don't think it would pass a thorough inspection. There was an odd smell in the room. Not terrible, but odd.
The curtains didn't cover the sides of the windows, so outside lights were glaring in at night. The TV stopped working after about thirty minutes, but the maintenance worker came in and fixed it.
The breakfast was juice, coffee, cold cereal, muffins, and a pancake maker.
The grounds were nice and there was a miniature golf course in front. The beds were comfortable enough. The sheets and pillows seemed clean. The price of the room, which is around $70./nite included breakfast, a place to park your car all week for cruise guests, and a free shuttle to and from the pier, which was prompt and reliable.
The location was very good; it is close to Moody Gardens and the Schlitterban, and only about ten minutes drive to the cruise pier or beach. It's family friendly.
Overall, it's an okay place to stay if your not picky. My car was safe there all week. Good value for the money. It's not the Ritz, but it'll do.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- GALVESTON ISLAND ESCAPE FULL OF FAMILY FUN.The ideal choice for hotels near Schlitterbahn - Galveston.Could there be a better Galveston Texas hotel for family fun? Because it is located right next to Schlitterbahn Waterpark and Adjacent to Moody Gardens, the Inn at the Waterpark is among the best hotels in Galveston Texas for families.The Inn at the Waterpark is one of the more casual, carefree, laid-back and relaxing Gslveston Island hotels with a Family Friendly rates. Economy goes hand-in-hand with our Galveston hotel's comfort and convenience. You will find our front desk offers tickets for Moody Gardens and Schlitterbahn Waterpark.The fact that the Inn at the Waterpark is near Schlitterbahn Galveston and so near Moody Gardens is just the start. Other nearby attractions will keep the family busy for a week of vacation, or a weekend getaway. There's the fabulous Moody Gardens Golf Course, billed as the premier public course in Texas. You'll love the Lone Star Flight Museum right across from Schlitterbahn Waterpark, not to mention the 32 miles of sandy beaches of Galveston Island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity and TravelClick so you can book your Inn at the Waterpark reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn At The Waterpark Hotel Galveston
- Hotel At The Waterpark
- Waterpark Galveston
- Waterpark Hotel
- At The Waterpark Galveston
- Inn At The Waterpark Galveston
- Inn Waterpark Galveston Tx