The staff is nice, the outdoor part of the property is nice, and the location is good, but to give a hotel a good review you have to have decent rooms. These are not. Not to put too fine a point on it, they stink. It's a combo of BO, stale smoke (coming off guests over time, not smoking in the rooms, which is forbidden), the lack of renovation and/or deep cleaning in too long a time, and ridiculous amounts of perfumes used to try to cover it all. I'm not picky, but I almost couldn't stand it. It would be manageable if the windows would open, but they don't - you can't get any fresh air in here at all to clear out the stench.
There also were wall items (picture, mirror) missing, and there were open cuts in the ceiling for the sprinkler system, which made the room look even more run down. In the hall, there were patches all over the ceiling due to water leaks. Also, their towels were dingy gray - they either don't use bleach (and this is a town where people do go to the beach and track in dirt, so they should expect sand and such in their towels!) or they don't replace towels except once in a blue moon.
If view matters to you, don't pick this place. Ugly, ugly tanks and other industrial views will make you jealous of pretty Moody Gardens next door.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- GALVESTON ISLAND ESCAPE FULL OF FAMILY FUN.The ideal choice for hotels near Schlitterbahn - Galveston.Could there be a better Galveston Texas hotel for family fun? Because it is located right next to Schlitterbahn Waterpark and Adjacent to Moody Gardens, the Inn at the Waterpark is among the best hotels in Galveston Texas for families.The Inn at the Waterpark is one of the more casual, carefree, laid-back and relaxing Gslveston Island hotels with a Family Friendly rates. Economy goes hand-in-hand with our Galveston hotel's comfort and convenience. You will find our front desk offers tickets for Moody Gardens and Schlitterbahn Waterpark.The fact that the Inn at the Waterpark is near Schlitterbahn Galveston and so near Moody Gardens is just the start. Other nearby attractions will keep the family busy for a week of vacation, or a weekend getaway. There's the fabulous Moody Gardens Golf Course, billed as the premier public course in Texas. You'll love the Lone Star Flight Museum right across from Schlitterbahn Waterpark, not to mention the 32 miles of sandy beaches of Galveston Island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TravelClick, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Inn at the Waterpark reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn At The Waterpark Hotel Galveston
- Hotel At The Waterpark
- Waterpark Galveston
- Waterpark Hotel
- At The Waterpark Galveston
- Inn At The Waterpark Galveston
- Inn Waterpark Galveston Tx