We stay here everytime we go to Galveston. The Hotel is basic, clean, and quiet. We've never had a safety issue, nor felt 'unsafe'. It is next door to Schlitterbahn, but it's about 3 blocks walking distance to the Schlitterbahn the entry gate, so we still get in our car and drive, but teens can walk it just fine. It is about 5 full blocks from Moody Gardens, but if you can't afford the Moody Gardens more than twice the cost, this is the hotel for you. There is also transportation to the cruise ship terminal, and you can leave your car parked in the hotel parking lot if you spend the night before (they do not guarantee safety though). There is also a pool for guests at the hotel. No Pets Allowed.
The views are nothing to write home about, but it's a place to spend the night that's clean and 'safe' feeling. No tub, but shower has a 3" lip that you can put a washcloth in the drain that you can bathe your baby or young child in (stay with). It has two separate buildings, and we've always stayed in the one detached from the main building, but it only allows entry through a keycard, unlike the main building that registers visitors.
Breakfast is good but go before 8 or after 9 because of seating...cereals including Raisin Bran, Fruit Loops, Frosted Flakes, etc. Bagels, fruit pastries, toast, and a pancake machine that causes more problems than good, so don't count on it. They need two waffle machines to replace the non-working pancake machine. Apple, Cranberry and Orange Juice Machines, coffees, hot chocolate, tea, milk (low fat, reg and fat free, no chocolate).
We will stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- GALVESTON ISLAND ESCAPE FULL OF FAMILY FUN.The ideal choice for hotels near Schlitterbahn - Galveston.Could there be a better Galveston Texas hotel for family fun? Because it is located right next to Schlitterbahn Waterpark and Adjacent to Moody Gardens, the Inn at the Waterpark is among the best hotels in Galveston Texas for families.The Inn at the Waterpark is one of the more casual, carefree, laid-back and relaxing Gslveston Island hotels with a Family Friendly rates. Economy goes hand-in-hand with our Galveston hotel's comfort and convenience. You will find our front desk offers tickets for Moody Gardens and Schlitterbahn Waterpark.The fact that the Inn at the Waterpark is near Schlitterbahn Galveston and so near Moody Gardens is just the start. Other nearby attractions will keep the family busy for a week of vacation, or a weekend getaway. There's the fabulous Moody Gardens Golf Course, billed as the premier public course in Texas. You'll love the Lone Star Flight Museum right across from Schlitterbahn Waterpark, not to mention the 32 miles of sandy beaches of Galveston Island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, TravelClick, Hotwire, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Inn at the Waterpark reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn At The Waterpark Hotel Galveston
- Hotel At The Waterpark
- Waterpark Galveston
- Waterpark Hotel
- At The Waterpark Galveston
- Inn At The Waterpark Galveston
- Inn Waterpark Galveston Tx