We made reservations at this hotel online, to stay a night before our cruise for a very reasonable price because we booked it w/non-refundable. We ended up coming down a day early, and they gave us the another night for the same price - so kudos to them for that great service. The hotel is just a few blocks from the Seawall, so its in a good location. There is also the waterpark next door.
We had a room on the backside, second floor. The room was clean, the bed was comfy. It wasn't a Hilton, but we didn't expect such. We had a kingsize bed, a separate sitting area w/a desk and refrigerator. The bathroom was roomy with plenty of shelf space for our bathroom stuff.
The ONLY problem we had, and it wasn't the fault of the hotel, was the mosquitos were unbelievable when you walked outside! There is drainage canals on the front & backside of the hotel, and I guess this is where they were coming from. As soon as we parked to unload our suitcases we were literally covered with them! We dashed to our room and tried to get in w/o letting the pesky little buggers in with us. We ended up having to go buy some bug spray at WalMart just to get in & out of our room. There is a free putt-putt course on the grounds that guests can use, but we heard people that had tried to play, and were having the same problem w/mosquitos there too - its in front of the hotel. It may have just been the time of year, and this isn't an ongoing problem. Its certainly not the hotel's fault.
The breakfast in the mornings is Continental style, held in the front lobby. They had fruit, breads, bagels, waffles you could make yourself, yogurt, milk, coffee & juices. We aren't big breakfast eaters, so this was more than sufficient for our taste.
The second night we were to stay, we left our room early that morning, and returned about 5 to take showers before we went out to eat. We were disappointed our room wasn't cleaned by that time. The maid was just getting to our room when we drove up. We had to wait in the lobby about 30 minutes. That was our only problem with service, and we didn't complain to anyone.
For a quick stay, clean rooms at a good price, this hotel was just what we wanted before our cruise. We would go again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- GALVESTON ISLAND ESCAPE FULL OF FAMILY FUN.The ideal choice for hotels near Schlitterbahn - Galveston.Could there be a better Galveston Texas hotel for family fun? Because it is located right next to Schlitterbahn Waterpark and Adjacent to Moody Gardens, the Inn at the Waterpark is among the best hotels in Galveston Texas for families.The Inn at the Waterpark is one of the more casual, carefree, laid-back and relaxing Gslveston Island hotels with a Family Friendly rates. Economy goes hand-in-hand with our Galveston hotel's comfort and convenience. You will find our front desk offers tickets for Moody Gardens and Schlitterbahn Waterpark.The fact that the Inn at the Waterpark is near Schlitterbahn Galveston and so near Moody Gardens is just the start. Other nearby attractions will keep the family busy for a week of vacation, or a weekend getaway. There's the fabulous Moody Gardens Golf Course, billed as the premier public course in Texas. You'll love the Lone Star Flight Museum right across from Schlitterbahn Waterpark, not to mention the 32 miles of sandy beaches of Galveston Island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelClick, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Inn at the Waterpark reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn At The Waterpark Hotel Galveston
- Hotel At The Waterpark
- Waterpark Galveston
- Waterpark Hotel
- At The Waterpark Galveston
- Inn At The Waterpark Galveston
- Inn Waterpark Galveston Tx