“New addition is very nice”

Inn at the Waterpark
Ranked #27 of 51 Hotels in Galveston
Reviewed August 17, 2012

We stayed on 8/10/12 for one night to extend our trip and our room in the new addition in back was much nicer than our room in a 2.5 star hotel during the first part of our trip. Very clean, nice bedding, spacious room, continental breakfast had a better selection than our earlier hotel as well. Very good value for the price. No idea if the main hotel has updated rooms or not; stayed here in about 2006 and those rooms were pretty dated, but clean. Not on the seawall, but only about 5 min drive away. Hotel staff could not have been more friendly or helpful. Would definitely stay again, especially for the price. Only downside was we heard a few screaming kids in the morning and evening before 10 or so - this is definitely a family hotel. Not sure why parents allow their kids to scream in hotels, but this can happen everywhere :)

Room Tip: Ask for the new addition building in back.
1  Thank LuvTheBeach0102
INNWPGM, General Manager at Inn at the Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

Thank you for commenting on your stay, we appreciate our comments to allow us the information we need to improve our guests stay. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Galveston Island.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

We stayed two nights to go to Schlitterbahn, which was just a short walk from the hotel. We stayed in the four story building behind the main building. The rooms were large and very clean. enjoyed our stay. The parking was under the building, covered, which was great, but because of the pillars, the spaces were very small. There were 3 spaces between each pillar, but really only room for two mid-size cars or SUV's, which was mostly parked there. The breakfast was the usual continental fare you find at small hotels and was fine for us. The room however was small. The first morning, there were not very many people, so we found room to sit. However, the hotel must have filled up the second night we were there, as it was very crowded, with folks standing around to eat. We got what we wanted and headed back to the room to eat there. The walls appear to be very thin as well, as the second nite when it was full, you could hear every little noise from the hall and rooms around us. Fortunately, the noise died down around mid-nite.

All in all, it is a nice place and very clean, which we look for. Wouls stay again!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experence, we look forward to welcoming your and your family back to Galveston Island and to the Inn at the Waterpark.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

I just want to say that I was in Galveston, Texas on August 2, 2012 through the 4th and my experience was great from the start. I was a little hesitate about booking online but when I arrived I was very satisfied. It started with the changing of yay room, for personal reason I asked the front desk to relocate me and Adrain was very accommodating. There was a lady working with him that day but I did not get her name. Together they made sure I had everything I needed. The next day I had the pleasure of meeting Demarcus and he was very helpful as well. He shared his opinion on places to see and provided direction. The hotel offered continental breakfast for the guest and my children really enjoyed the breakfast selections. It was as though everything we needed was right there a courteous staff, excellent support system, the room we stayed in was nice and clean and spacious, and we ad fun in the pool. It was great having the microwave and refrigerator at arms reach. My experience was great and the service continued until we checked out with once again having Demarcus and Adrain concerned with our stay, they were even concerned with how I felt the next day after having such a bad migraine. I now have a new place to stay whenever I visit the Island.

Room Tip: I syed in a double queen
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay, we look forward to your next visit to Galveson Island.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

My family and I have stayed twice now at the Inn at the Waterpark. We stayed both times for two nights before cruising out of the Galveston port. The first time was a good experience, nothing great but what we expected paying around $70 a night. The hotel allows you to leave your car in their lot for free and offers a free shuttle service to the port which is very convienent. This year however we were disappointed. The first night we stayed in the newer (and more expensive) builiding. The hallways were worn down and in need of new paint. The room itself was clean and spacious. Everything went downhill however when we were kept up until 1 am by extremely loud guests in a nearby room. The next night we were moved into the older section of the hotel. Noise is much less of a problem in these rooms. My one complaint with the older hotel rooms are the bathrooms are not up to acceptable standards. Did not look clean at all. Breakfast was nice, always had plenty of food and beverages. The staff was not very friendly at all and always seemed to be moody. Overall this motel is an okay place to stay if you need somewhere to sleep the night before a cruise and free parking. It is definately the cheapest place to stay on the island, but if you are staying in Galveston for more than a night I would spend the extra money and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank KristiMarie_12

Thank you for your comment and recomendations you made after your stay with us. Your comments allow us to feed back from our valued guests and where improvements can be made to improve our guests experence.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

Stayed at this hotel because we were taking a cruise the next day. They offer free parking while your on the cruise and a free shuttle service to/from the cruise port. WARNING: this is a free service so don't expect to be picked up in a timely manner. We were told to be in front of the hotel at 9:30a.m so the guy driving the shuttle could get a head count and tell us a return pick up time. The shuttle ran 10 mins early and we missed it. We asked the lady at the desk when will the shuttle run again, she was rude and told us "any time now." We ran back to our room, grabbed our stuff and raced back down to the lobby... only to sit there for about 2 hours before the shuttle returned. He dropped us off at 11:00 and there was another couple that was waiting on the shuttle since 9:00 a.m. they were told they were just missing the shuttle. We called to make sure the shuttle would be there before we got off the ship and they told us yes. We get off the ship, no shuttle. We called 3 times and was told it was on the way and one had already came and we missed it. We waited a hour before we took a cab for $22.00 back to the hotel to get our car bc the shuttle never came. Rooms are clean but not at all sound proof, we stayed in the newer building. No bathtub for small children, just a shower.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Rhonda S
INNWPGM, General Manager at Inn at the Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us while visting Galveston Island, We appricate your input on the complimentary shuttle service to and from the cruise terminal, the shuttle starts out here at the hotel picking up passangers till the bus is full, once full it drops off at the cruise ternimal and picks up the passangers that are outside waiting to come back to the hotel and repeats It may take time to shuttle every passanger back and fourth to the termnial because a one way trip takes approximately 20 minutes with loading and unloading passangers and baggage. We appeciate your comments and will address concerns to the transportation service.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

Hotel is clean enough. Nothing fancy. Can hear ALL activity in hallways. Don't expect much for breakfast. Check in staff have bit of attitudes. But what REALLY irritated me....turned in a Tax Exempt Certificate at check-in, as I do at every conference I attend. Stayed 3 days, and was given an amount at checkout. When I received my credit card bill, I was billed that amount, PLUS 4 days later, was billed an add'l amount. When I contacted the hotel, the "manager" argued the point with me, saying our entity was not tax exempt, and he refused to remove the extra charges. ( Then contacted my credit card company, who credited me that amount after I explained the situation.) Wasn't a nice enough hotel to have to deal with the attitudes.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay, unfortunately we have no control on whom the State of Texas allows to be exempt from occupancy taxes, and being from a County Government entity, the State of Texas comptroller office stipulates that "employees of city and county governments are not exempt from state and local hotel taxes". Although we do appricate your comments.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

We have stayed at the Inn at the Waterpark several times because we like the west end of Galveston. You can get a clean, comfortable room for a reasonable price. If you want the hotel experience where you can lounge around in your room, hang out on your patio, or vist the hotel bar, this is not the place for you. If you plan to spend your time and money doing other things and just want a decent place to shower and sleep, this place is a good option.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Donna W

We appriciate you taking the time to comment on your stay with us, and look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Galveston Island.