“Excellent!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Galveston Historic Tour

Galveston Historic Tour
Ranked #7 of 65 Tours in Galveston
More attraction details
Owner description: Galveston Historic Tour provides daily driving tours of historic Galveston on a 12 passenger electric shuttle. This sight seeing tour gives visitors an overview of Galveston's history, sights, and attractions. The live narrated tour also includes local shops and restaurants, so guests will know where the locals go. During this hour long tour, guests will also drive by sights including the Broadway Mansions, Historic Downtown, the Harbor, Victorian Homes, and Tree Carvings.
Dallas, Texas
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Excellent!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

Read the other reviews of this tour here on Trip Advisor. I wasn't disappointed. Jacob was fantastic and knowledgeable. We enjoyed seeing the old homes, churches, etc. and hearing the rich history of Galveston. I hadn't been here since I was a kid and I am looking forward to bringing my children back for a visit. We will definitely be taking this tour again.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank hmmc21

Butler, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great job Jacob”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

Jacob did a wonderful job. We went several places on this vacation and this was my husband's favorite tour. Jacob took his time and explained everything to us. We had three elderly ladies on the tour as well and he was very nice to all of us and took his time on a very hot day! We appreciated it.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank paula b
Sacramento, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Fabulous historic tour of Galveston”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

I recently traveled with my mom to visit family in Texas. As part of our trip, we decided to visit Galveston. As first-time visitors, we wanted a good historic overview of the island. All I can say is that the tour is a must for anyone who wants to know about the rich history of Galveston. Jacob was our tour guide and he did a marvelous job showing us the sights. We made our reservations by phone before departing from California and met Jacob at the Visitor Center. We traveled in an open-air golf cart and were able to stop, ask questions and get out to take pictures. The price for the tour was very reasonable and an excellent value. Galveston has such a rich history. This tour was truly worthwhile.

Visited June 2012
2 Thank JuJuTraveler
Alexandria, Louisiana
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 81 helpful votes
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2012

I wanted a tour that would show me the true history of Galveston Island and this is it! This tour was amazing because we litery hit every street on the island and got some really nice historical facts. You must call atleast 4 hours before the tour starts to reserve your spot. His form of tranportation is a 15 seater high end golf cart which is suprisingly comfortable! Our tour guide "Jacob" was awesome in telling us the history of the town. This is definitely a must do in Galveston,TX.

7 Thank BestReviews101
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Enjoyed This Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2012

Bob and Mary were wonderful. This is a worthwhile tour to take and would have been even better if I would have found it at the beginning of my vacation. I ended up driving around and revisiting the places they showed me. They listened to my questions and gauged my interest, then they seemed to easily take me through the tour in a way that was very interesting for me. I should say, I was the only one who showed up at this time and it didn't matter, they took me on the tour solo. Bob and Mary are entertaining and knowledgeable and just a joy when you're ready to venture away from the beach.

Visited May 2012