“I love this”

Seawolf Park
Ranked #12 of 101 things to do in Galveston
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Seawolf Park and the American Undersea Warfare Center provides a wonderful scenic view of Pelican Island, the Port of Galveston, and the surrounding waterways. At the tip of the island, Seawolf park offers the best on- and off-shore fishing in the area, picnic tables and playgrounds, and basketball and volleyball courts. The American Undersea Warfare Center is home to two historic WWII vessels; the USS Cavalla attack submarine, and the USS Stewart Destroyer Escort. Experience the battles on the high seas as you take a walking tour inside each ship which boasts a heritage worth seeing.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Keller, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“I love this”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

It have a fishing pier they have a gate and more thing to do everything is there there is a lot of thing there

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Towanda,KS
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“A neat hands on experience but not handicap accessible”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

This is a neat place to actually walk through a submarine and ship. The sub was interesting and had parts that were air conditioned but the ship was hot and not real exciting. Our son who is in a wheelchair could not even go on the deck of either one. We had to take turns sitting with him under the tiny palm trees trying to stay out of the sun. The fishing dock was interesting and we had fun watching the boats and ferry go back and forth across the Bay but I wish the website would have said more about it not being handicap accessible at all. I realize these were not originally ADA compliant but I had hoped that they would at least have a ramp where he could have gotten onto the deck .

15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Nice place to visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

Some of the reviews almost made us not go here, I'm glad we decided to go, the ship is a little run down but they are in the process of refurbishing it. The sub was cool, the area is refreshing and clean and a cheap place to go. I would recommend anyone to drive out its worth the price and its not crowded like some of the others I've seen. I say it's worth the money!

Houston, Texas
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“A pretty decent place for a family outting”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

Fishing, picnic and sports venue. The part is adequately maintained and located in A spot that is interesting to watch the boat traffic.

Richardson, Texas
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Blah really - lost it's appeal”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2014

I took my children here for the 1st time about 20 years ago. Then it was reasonably priced and very interesting. I took my husband there about 10 years ago. THe price had increased significainlty but not much else as an attraction. THis last time I went the price was still higher and the whole experience was down right boring.

Visited April 2014